CPUT regulations

notfamous
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3131 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello

I am having an issue with a debt collector who is pursuing a debt which is older than 6 years. This debt collector cannot supply a County Court Judgment for the debt.

Recently, I provided the debt collector with my credit report which was free of any Judgment debt. The DCA ignored the credit report, and stated "Judgments are deemed to be active until settled." these people cannot supply any Judgment or Notice of Assignment.

Then, completely out of the blue, I received a Statement for the Account which had a balance of £0.00. I have paid an awful lot of money to these people, and I am now pursuing my would be pursuers,

Can I use the CPUT Regulations, as these people have repeatedly threatened to enforce the fictitious Judgment?

Notsofamous

You should be thinking about using CONC

Hello

According to Conc. By telling me they will enforce the judgment, when in fact, they do not have a judgment, I believe that is misleading - am I correct?

Notsofamous

Edited by notfamous
Original is incorrect

I've just visited it

Hi bankFooder.

My fault, I too have visited it!

Hello

As stated, the debt collector cannot provide me with a copy of the Judgment which they pursue. I have received numerous letters which commence in May 2006 through November 2010 which use terms such as:

Doorstep Recovery Agents, and instruction to their solicitors to undertake recovery of the debt through the County Court. Surely, this is misleading.

I also need knowing: if a debt collector purchases a portfolio of debts from the OC, and that portfolio has a CCJ, what steps would the DCA need to take in order to enforce the Judgment.

Thanks

Notsofamous

Hello

Sending this debt collector a letter under CUPTR, will this stop the DCA for continuing fabricating as normal?

Hello

The DCA is relying on two County Court Judgments. However, the DCA cannot locate any such Judgment: what is the DCA's position?

Notsofamous

• 2 weeks later...

YOu need to start gathering information yourself.

Check the trust register for any and all ccjs against you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

If they are claiming they are enforcing a CCJ you need to be sure that they were not achieved in default by sending paperwork to an old or wrong address.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

So, you have confirmed with Trust online that there is NO judgment against you ?

I would say, if there was a CCJ - and it is neither registered on your credit file or trust online, then it is likely to be over 6 years old. This does NOT mean that it is not owed, just that the pursuers would need to seek permission of the court to enforce. If the debt (ccj) has been assigned, then they would also need to make an application to the court to replace themselves as the claimants.

Do they say who the original claimant for the CCJ was ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D