Tps pcn

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3176 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I recieved a letter from TPS (total parking solutions) telling me that i have a Parking Charge Notice, issue date 21/09/2015 - the actual parking time stamps from the 16/09/2015. It says had overstayed buy some 30 minutes and only the first two hours was free.

I am the registered keeper but was not the driver on the day, the driver says they did not even notice any signs about parking restrictions when parking there. I believe there is a sign on the entry tho i have yet to check and will check tomorrow when i drive past myself.

What do i do about this letter? most people say TPS don't do anything and you should just ignore it.

i am tempted to just pay the charge but i feel its alot of money but its easier and the driver did over park.

many thanks

Hello and welcome to CAG.

The advice isn't always to ignore, the guys should be along later to suggest what you do about this. Here's a link to the forum stikky on speculative invoices.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?412953-Have-you-received-a-speculative-invoice-from-a-Private-Parking-Company-DO-NOT-IGNORE-IT

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Which car park is this?

If you can photograph the signs tomorrow and post them up then others can pull them apart.

Have you received the notice to keeper (NTK)?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

As this will be number plate capture did they send images of the car's entry and exit to the car park with the demand and how did they address you in the letter, as keeper driver or by other?

As it is the first 2 hours free, how much do they charge for subsequent time or is it just the breach of contract demand/contractual charge they mention? Sight of the signage would be useful and if you can tell us how big the signs are as well that would be even better.

i only have one letter from them Parking charge Notice telling me i have 14 days to pay a reduced rate of £40.

it says at the top Liability for this parking charge notice lies with the drive of the vehicle. Not sure if its the NTK or if i am to get another letter?

I need to ask the driver where they actually parked on the car park because this just shows a picture of arriving and leaving, i will take photos of the entrance and around where they parked.

not sure if i can post a link here if not feel free to remove or tell me and i will remove it but this should take you to the street view outside the car park entrance, this was taken last year tho.

To be honest tho the driver has only been driving a for a few weeks and no doubt concentrating on turning in from the dual carriageway outside the entrance and in.

it wont let me post a link, the car park entrance on google maps is scs central road, wrexham on the left hand side

if they didnt put a ticket on the windscreen this is it under Para 9 of the PoFA so it is a NTK In its text it should say that it is issued under the PoFA and that the keeper becomes liable if the driver isnt named with a UK service address within 28 days. If it doesnt say somehting like that then they arent relying on the PoFA and they cant claim from the keeper (but will try anyway).

The parking charge notice is issued to Vehicle registration mark : %&$%&

for allegedly breaching the parking terms and conditions in the privately operated parking area at: central retail park wrexham

The alleged parking event was detected and recorded by automatic number plate recognition (ANPR) cameras at the site on: 16/09/2015, the reason for the alleged contravention is : the vehicle exceeded the maximum stay time.

The maximum stay time is: 120 mins.

The terms and conditions, to which the driver agrees to be contractually bound upon entering the car park, are clearly placed at the entrance to the site and in prominent places throughout the site. Having reasonable cause what a contravention occurred through a breach of the car park terms and conditions and that a charge is now due. the vehicle details were passed to the DVLA and your details were requested as the registered keeper on the date of the contravention. or the registered keeper has named you as the driver on the date.

What you should do next - Either:

1. if you were the driver pay the parking charge notice. you have 14 days from the date of issue of this Notice to pay the discounted charge of £40.00. if the charge is not paid within 14 days of the notice issue date, the full charge is due at £70.00, payable no later than 28 days from the date of issue of this notice. should the charge remain unpaid after 28 days from the date of issue of this notice recovery may be incurred.

2. appeal against the parking charge notice must be received by us within 28 days from the date of this notice.

3. notify us if you have sold/hired the vehicle prior to the date of the contravention or were not the driver. please provide us with a valid serviceable address by completing the relevant section on the reverse of this notice in order for us to transfer liability.

methods of payment and details of the appeal/challenge procedure are set out at the reverse of this notice.

Important note - new law effective from 1st october 2012: if after 28 days beginning with the day after that on which this parking charge notice was served payment has not been made in full, or we have not been provided with the name and a serviceable address for the driver/hirer, under schedule 4 of the protection of freedoms act 2012 we do have the right (subject to meeting the requirements of the act) To recover from the registered keeper the amount that remains outstanding. (only applicable in england and wales).

Photographic evidence and date is held on file to support this claim in accordance with the date protection act 1998, the data is used for the sole purpose of pursuing settlement of this parking charge notice.

For photographic evidence please visit totalparking.co.uk/payment

Sorrysorry for any spelling mistakes i typed it out fast no idea how to attach documents here, there is two pictures one entry time one exit time both with dates and times under, there is also a section stating vechile make models color times ect