5p plastic bags likely to lead to arguments at the check-out

Michael Browne
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3144 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I don't quite understand why the making of plastic carrier bags cant simply be banned ? Make bags from recycled paper.

http://www.eco-ethical.co.uk/plasticbag.html

What happened to stores recycling used placcy bags ? That was handy as they're the same type of plastic as milk bottles and our council doesn't collect plastic - so I got rid of milk bottles too.

Ocado are giving 5p back for every bag you return to them, even if it's not their bag. I use Ocado and they have always taken back the bags for recycling and now they are paying for them too. So I can pay 5p at sainsburys and get it back from Ocado up to £4.50 per delivery. Might start my own collection point.

Tesco used to deliver groceries in trays. If stuff's in trays, who needs bags ?

I don't think this charge will make much difference. A small number of people who like to moneysave will ensure they bring their own bags, but many will just pay.

I'd rather there was just no plastic bags provided at all. Have fabric bags for sale at the till at whatever they cost. People would soon be bringing their own bags.

For some years I've always returned with plastic bags to reuse the standard carriers - which I found better suited than the 'bag for life' bags. The supermarket will see me turning up now with bags from the local chippy & chinese.

I think it'd be a good idea if there were trolleys available to buy at the checkout.

My current motor has a disabled ramp - real handy for the shopping trolley.