How do we respond to shortfall

sirbob10
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3095 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

40 working days i.e 8 weeks.

They have to fulfill the SAR properly, so the 40 days run from when they received the SAR.

You are entitled to all information that relates to you.

Hate to disagree with you UB, but it's 40 calendar days. :)

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/principle-6-rights/subject-access-request/

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Oops. Have always thought it was 8 weeks for things like this, as a standard.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi

Could someone please advise me what to do next.

40 days has passed since sending the SAR but they have failed to send all the information requested. I have only received information I already have myself but they have sent nothing regarding the valuing, marketing or sale of the property.

Thanks

Hi

Well yesterday the rest of the SAR arrived.

It includes 1 valuation report and the estate agent it was listed with who I turn listed it on Right Move and a company called chain free.

Also it states 5 viewings took place even though an activity log they have included only lists 3 viewings.

The house was put up for sale for £85,000 in Sept 14 and an offer accepted of £60,000 in Feb 15.

Also the valuation report lists what they call 6 comparable properties in the area but these are only 2/3 bedrooms where my home was 3 bedrooms plus attic room.

So can I ask have they done everything correctly?

Hi

Well yesterday the rest of the SAR arrived.

It includes 1 valuation report and the estate agent it was listed with who I turn listed it on Right Move and a company called chain free.

Also it states 5 viewings took place even though an activity log they have included only lists 3 viewings.

The house was put up for sale for £85,000 in Sept 14 and an offer accepted of £60,000 in Feb 15.

Also the valuation report lists what they call 6 comparable properties in the area but these are only 2/3 bedrooms where my home was 3 bedrooms plus attic room.

So can I ask have they done everything correctly?

They have accepted a big discount on the sale, which you could argue is not looking after either your interest or theirs.

I suggest that you do a bit of digging in regard to the sale prices achieved for similar properties in the area between say Sept 14 and say Aprl 15. Do a bit of research in regard to mortgage company responsibilities under FSA handbook rules and also Council for mortgage lender handbook rules. You can view these handbook rules online. Then start a formal complaint with the mortgage company and go down the FOS route if necessary.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread