DWP and Social loans

newby2015
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3167 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi Guys and thanks for the acceptance to this forum - I am normally quite good when it comes to debt and have managed well but In February of this year I received a 'DOE' letter to my Ltd company for a debt in 2002, which I have no recollection of, nor have they attempted to notify me in the last 14yrs about any outstanding amounts (Social loan).

I called the number supplied on the letter with some confusion as you can imagine asking what this is all about and why a DOE has been sent without previous contact from DWP to resolve this matter, the debt company (refused to issue name other than 'we work for DWP') advised me to speak with the Social loan team, I called them and they said I needed to speak with the debt company, I called them back and advised this is in dispute and a letter will follow since no proof has been provided to myself previous to the DOE, I also advised that since I had taken 3hrs aside to learn if this debt stands, did I need to pay it? (Yes is the answer).

So I sent the letter in March advising them to supply me with information regarding this debt. I also included that if I have to do further work to resolve this matter when they clearly should have provided me with it then my time is chargeable at £14ph +call charges if it occurs.

I heard nothing until July this year again another DOE but this time it is accompanied with another amount owed! What is going on? is this maladministration on their part or is it simply they have no clue what they are doing??? I called and advised them that I still have no proof to work with and it is disputed...

I hear nothing until 2 days ago... GUESS WHAT!! another DOE... this time, no subject, no reference, no amounts or proof included just a calculation sheet for my Ltd company.. I called them yesterday and all they say is 'contact Social loan' but enforcement/recovery will continue by them.

My question is this, I have asked for proof 3 times, x1 by letter and x7 by phone, I have yet to receive this signature, breakdown sheet or anything else so what do I do next? I will obviously send a letter confirming the actions taken and proof of my previous letter sent by recorded delivery along with photo evidence of my phone statements showing calls made and duration but is there anything I can do to get these off my back since they have waited 14 years to follow this up with no correspondence at all sent to me (I am listed on every system and register so no excuse), no proof and failed to do so since my original letter 6mths ago??

I await in anticipation guys because I am getting frustrated with debt company's who act as recovery but will not request further information from their clients, all you get is 'its not our job' guess what ... it is, you took on the role of recovery so surely you must request all related information to complete the task before enforcing.. is this not illegal to enforce without proof??

Cheers guys :-)