Parking Charge Notice SMART Parking in our local ASDA

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3178 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My son has received a PCN from SMART Parking in our local ASDA.

He was parked there for a duration of 3 hours 25 minutes which is over the three hour limit.

Should he pay the £40.00 fine or what is the best advice I can give him?

There is no fine. It's a speculative invoice and you wont have to pay a penny. Sit tight and the guys who know more will be here asap.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

It is a letter through the post with two dark pictures showing his entry time and exit time

ANPR then and that is a NTK.

What date was the parking event and when did the NTK hit the doormat?

In time then.

If you could post up a redacted copy of the NTK, and a picture of the signage, it would be helpful...

The RK will appeal to smart denying liability for the charge, whilst not naming the driver.

Seeing the above will allow more points to be added.

Is there a receipt from the shop for the time in question?

Well it seems that they are not using Schedule 4 of the POFA 2012.

Which means there is no keeper liability and only the driver can be held liable for this ' charge '...

The RK's response should be a simple ' I am not liable for this charge. I refer you to Arkell vs Pressdram' *

*adult content.

There is plenty of time to appeal, so have a read of the forum and get some understanding of what the PPC world is about.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?405805-PPC-Successes-(No-Questions-please)/page7

The IAS doesnt think that the PoFA applies to its members because it believes that case law from Victorian times

designed to make masters liable for their servants that was superceded in statute law in the 1970's is the prevailing law.

Obviously they dont want to have to argue this to anyone other than a worried motorist

so generally they destroy their client's chances of winning a contested legal claim.

Therefore the comments of Armadillo are sufficient at this stage,

they then have 35 days to provide you with reasons for denying your appeal

and providing the details of how to appeal to the "independent" adjudicator