Cancellation of auto renewal with HARLANDS

jonnyjjones
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3169 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi sorry that it's another Harlands related thread. I've just been reading through a lot of them and it's got me worried about ending the contract.

So I'm tied into a minimum contract of 6 months and I don't wish my payments and my membership to continue after the minimum 6 month period.

My minimum 6 month period ends on 17th January 2016.

I've just sent them this email:

To whom it may concern,

My name is Jonny Jones I am contracted to a minimum period of six months payment of £90.00 to Harlands Group for membership to London Fight Factory, my reference number to quote is: 33048214 / JW.

I would like to make it known that I do not wish my contract to automatically renew after the end of the minimum period on 17th January 2016. I wish my membership to be cancelled once the minimum period is over and for no further payments to be made.

Therefore I expect that January 17th 2016 is the last time any money is to be taken out of my account from this group and I will be cancelling my DD with my bank as soon as I see this payment has been taken.

Please give confirmation that you have received this email and that 17th January 2016 will be my final payment.

Kind Regards

Jonny

Will this be enough to end things with them and make sure that I don't pay any more after the 17th January payment has been taken?

Thanks in advance, you're giving great advice to lots of people

Jonny

Hi Jonny and welcome to CAG

Great to see someone come here looking to avoid problems by cancelling in the correct manner.

A lot of folk come here when they failed to cancel in the right way and end up being harassed by Harlands/CRS for many months.

See how they reply, if indeed they actually DO reply.

In any event, make a diary note or phone memo for about 10th Jan 2016. Take 2 copies of your cancellation letter above into the gym. Leave one copy with them and get a staff member to sign and date the other copy and you keep this as proof of delivery.

Let us know if you hear back from Harlands.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Trouble with trying to cancel so far in advance is that some contracts specify that you can ONLY cancel in the last month or so of the initial minimum term.

Anywa, let us know how this goes when you hear back.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)