Harassment by the Telephone Prederence Service!

evee2000
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3190 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for some guidance please. Totally frustrated by the TPS (telephone Preference service). Background is - I used to have my own business undertaking energy surveys. The business closed a number of years ago. I was a small one man operation and only undertook work by recommendation.

I never cold called. About two years ago I began to receive complaint letters from the TPS. On the form it states the number the cold call was from, my company name and my address. A quick google of the telephone number showed that it relates to British Gas who were running a campaign with a similar name to my old company. I rang the TPS to provide them with this information on several occasions.

Last week I received another 3 complaints so I rang again and was told that they do not check the details provided by the complainant and that no due diligence is undertaken to confirm any of the details are correct! i was told that my record would be updated to reflect my comments which appears to have been completely ignored as this morning I have received another 3 complaint letters :(. I am totally frustrated.

To add, when they send the complaint letter I am also provided with full personal details of the complainant! Surely a data protection breach? Not sure where to go with this - help please!

Edited by Conniff

Formal complaint to them, ofcom and ico .

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

was told that they do not check the details provided by the complainant

It's a good job the law don't act in the same manner.

The TPS is funded by the very people that you want to stop calling you, the direct marketing industry. How much of an irony is that. Can anyone be stupid enough to believe that they will cut off their own nose to spite their face.

They are just a private profit making company so won't be that bothered by any complaints but you should make one non-the-less.

This might interest you. I've just been reading around and it would seem that in a 2013 survey by Which? it found that people registered on the TPS list received twice as many marketing calls as those not on the list

Now that says it all I think.

It's a good job the law don't act in the same manner.

The TPS is funded by the very people that you want to stop calling you, the direct marketing industry. How much of an irony is that. Can anyone be stupid enough to believe that they will cut off their own nose to spite their face.

They are just a private profit making company so won't be that bothered by any complaints but you should make one non-the-less.

Just like the BPA/IPC :)

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D