Goose and Gander - Privacy

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3223 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ok to monitor public communications, but not MP's

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-33631589

Who remembers the Phorm/121media/webwise interceptions and trials by BT and VM?

American link as it was majorly hushed up in UK

http://www.cnet.com/news/verizon-draws-fire-for-monitoring-app-usage-browsing-habits/

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres

i recall an ECtHR case re the police listening in to a solicitor and client in pol custody. was held to be a breach of privacy as uk had no privacy law to be subject to.

IMO

:-):rant:

Ok for MPs to have a 10% pay rise but not NHS workers and cuts for those on benefits.

One rule for them and another for the rest of us.

What's Best for You?

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Alliance & Leicester Moneyclaim issued 20/1/07 £225.50 full settlement received 29 January 2007

Smile £1,075.50 + interest Email request for payment 24/5/06 received £1,000.50 14/7/06 + £20 30/7/06

Yorkshire Bank Moneyclaim issued 21/6/06 £4,489.39 full settlement received 26 January 2007

:p

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

Government (security services) have been monitoring phone calls for a very long time. My Mum used to work for the GPO phone switchboard back in the 1950's I think and said phone calls were listened into. Obviously now with technology it is possible to record all phone calls of people of interest. They collect all phone and internet data. There is also technology to pick up key words in telephone calls, emails.

It can be a good thing, as apparently several planned terrorist attacks have been stopped. How many life's need to be saved for reduced civil liberties to be worth it ?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

but how far shld it go.

the case i mentioned is a fair eg. wldnt it defeat the idea of fair justice that distinguishes 'us' from others who dont share the same values. otherwise, just the same, but legitimised.

snowden has revealed alot, for better or for worse.

wld it better to have things allowed subject to regulation. or not allowed or regulated, but still going on?

just posing the q's :)

IMO

:-):rant:

but how far shld it go.

the case i mentioned is a fair eg. wldnt it defeat the idea of fair justice that distinguishes 'us' from others who dont share the same values. otherwise, just the same, but legitimised.

snowden has revealed alot, for better or for worse.

wld it better to have things allowed subject to regulation. or not allowed or regulated, but still going on?

just posing the q's :)

I believe that monitoring should only be with a court 'order' where reasonable cause has been evidenced. Otherwise it is secret, unregulated, whim of some faceless, nameless whoever for whatever purpose they want.

Why trust doctors and science, when you can trust the internets:

blithering idiots, think tank shills, client journalists, disinformation bots and trolls

“The fossil fuel industry is feasting on subsidies and windfall profits

while household budgets shrink and our planet burns"

UN secretary general Antonio Guterres