• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf

DPA letter delivered by hand to branch 8th April

rogerebaker
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Bank statements arrived this morning, Started adding up the charges. One Question.

Woolwich seem to add 3.50 unauthorised overdraft usage fee every month if you go over. Is that one we can claim back

7 actions in progress

amount refunded so far £6500

Just finished adding up

1024.50 since 2002 He never went over his overdraft limit by more than 50 Quid in 4 years.

You couldnt make it up

First letter being prepared

By the way Woolwich returned my DPA Cheque

7 actions in progress

No contact from anyone from woolwich since Mike Brophys letter

LBA delivered by hand to branch today copied to mike Brophy.

Monyclaim day 18th May 2006 :lol: :lol: :lol:

7 actions in progress

thanks for that, I actually found out for myself who Mike Brophy is as he kindly sent an acknowledgement for our claim this morning on Barclays paper as you pointed out :D

:razz:the winner takes it all :razz:

Hi

Well you go get em. I have not had the best of luck with the woolwich despite them having cashed my chq for DPA on the 12th april am still awaitng the statements. Have just phoned openplan and had date of letter received confirmed as the 11th april so by my reckoning (and the very helpful man on the phone) they have until monday 22nd to comply or they face being reported. Have done the letter to this effect and will post off tomorrow. Unless anyone has a fax # that this can be sent to.

Good luck with your claim and lets nail the ba***rds:)

Guest Mumofthreeboys
Bank statements arrived this morning, Started adding up the charges. One Question.

Woolwich seem to add 3.50 unauthorised overdraft usage fee every month if you go over. Is that one we can claim back

Did you ever get an answer to this? I've just done my LBA and I haven't included this as I assumed it was a service!!!

No I never got an answer re these charges. They never charged any interest so I presume this is their eqivalent so I will let them keep it.

MCOL completed today

Reference 6QZ32212

1306 quid

Im away on my hols for a week so hopefully some good news when I get back. I need to re coup some money as this is costing me a fortune in DPA and court fees.

Re statements. I think I must have got in just before the mad rush as they were back with me within 2 weeks.

7 actions in progress

Back from holiday today. Great time had and feeling refreshed. Letter from woolwich offering 500 quid gesture of good will , plus a letter from the court but havnt had time to read yet.

At least were getting somewhere.

Letter refusing offer will be sent Monday. Kep you updated when Ive had a good read thru the mountain of mail

7 actions in progress

Letter from woolwich today saying they have passed the 100 quid OD to a collection agency as he hasnt paid it.

Thats choice bearing in mind hes owed 1300 in charges.

rang the author of the letter told her she may want to read S13 SS 6 of the banking code regarding disputed accounts.

Wrote her a letter giving her 7 days to recal the debt and remove any reference from credit file or I would make formal complaint under DPA and banking code.

Also told her I would write to the judge at County court informing he/she that Woolwich where trying to intimidate and influence pending court proceedings.

That seemed to focus her mind a bit. She claims nothing was on the file about the dispute. Lets hope it remains like that until the 6th when I can apply for a judgement.

7 actions in progress

Go for it - as far as I'm concerned the Woolwich are only second in the 'worst bank in the world' chart behind MBNA!

rang the author of the letter told her she may want to read S13 SS 6 of the banking code regarding disputed accounts.

Can anyone direct me to a copy of this (or better still give me a brief resume to help ease my stressed head!).

Cheers and good luck.

Worz

I used to be a dummy, stuffed full of straw and standing in the field of life. And like the straw-filled dummy I was I accepted my lot in life and carried on, tied to a stake in the miserable field of depression as the elements beat me day and night. But there came a time when the elements had gone too far and the string holding me to the stake fell rotten to the ground. The elements had tried to beat me, but instead had set me free!

Woolwich had until today to acknowledge the MCOL summons and Ive heard nothing.

The MCOL website still has the judgement button available so I assume I can apply for a judgement.

couple of question for anyone whos got this far.

Do I have top wait until midnight ?

What happens next ?

7 actions in progress

hi

when i applied for my jugement they would not accept it till the following day. But i,m still waiting for them to pay up. Barclays/Woolwich are using every tac_tic they can to hold up the process

Twinfly

Read your thread sounds a bit of a nightmare.

In some ways I hope they do acknowledge but you never know they might just pay up when they realise they have been defaulted.

They would be hard pressed to claim that they didnt know as Ive sent them two seperate letters telling them Ive issued a summons in reponse to their offers of half.

Hope your saga ends soon

7 actions in progress

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6572 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks