British Airman bombing Syria despite Cameron 'promise'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3244 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Well, the revelation that British airman are active with American forces bombing targets in Syria despite the UK commons vote against this, and Cameron saying 'he gets it' is a real eye opener for me.

My recent softening of opposition to the Tory 'ethos' and suitability to govern a democracy has taken a major nose dive down below where it was before.

Whats your views?

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jul/17/mps-demand-commons-statement-over-uk-military-action-in-syria

That UK forces are embedded with other troops is simply not an excuse. Many forces have other countries forces embedded, but they ARE NOT sent on duties which there own Governments have NOT APPROVED.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs

Cameron is one of the most devious politicians and very nasty with it. The way he deals with people in his party, has been subject to a number of media articles. A lot of people don't like him.

British Armed Forces have always had personnel embedded with foreign forces. Cameron would have known this at the time of the commons vote defeat.

If you remember Cameron wanted to support anti Assad forces, which would have helped ISIS. Not a great idea. Bombing from the air to defeat these terrorist armies is of limited use, as they are mostly living in civilian areas. When they attack new territory, they do it very quickly and with considerable force.

US/UK and others will have to work with Assad and other countries leaders in the region to deal with the situation. It is not ideal as it means working with people you would prefer not to. But they cannot let ISIS spread throughout Middle East and North Africa.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jul/17/mps-demand-commons-statement-over-uk-military-action-in-syria

The justice secretary, Michael Gove, said: “I’m sure there will be some people who will cavil and who will object, but overwhelmingly there are two important things to bear in mind here.

We need to maintain the strength and durability of the western alliance in the face of Islamist fundamentalism, and we need to deal with Isil [isis].

“As far as I’m concerned, those considerations trump everything.”

- Including the will and votes of parliament it would seem.

The Tory Legacy

Record high: Taxes, Immigration, Excrement in waterways, energy company/crony profits

Crumbling: Hospitals, Schools, council services, businesses and roads

If only the Govt had thrown a protective ring around care homes

with the same gusto they do around their crooked MPs