order of recovery + charging order for legal aid costs ......help!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3145 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Thanks for that so is it a CCJ as I may have to borrow £3000 as I can only get £5000 now and the CCJ will stop me borrowing to pay it off ...

Do you know if I have to go to court to make the payment as I only have the letter shown and a address for the solicitor ..

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No its an order of recovery....which allows a charging order to be placed/secured ...you don't have to attend...you dont have to pay it in one lump sum...as it was awarded on the 15th Sept.You may receive further paperwork from the Land Registry to confirm the Restriction.

This secures the outstanding debt and any interest....as stated above it may be wise for you to approach the Solicitor and thrash out an affordable payment plan...longer you ignore it the more you will owe.

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks Andy

I have got a letter from the land registry in the letter today from them it's a B136(co)

Application to register a restriction

So had this decision been made or had it got to be made in court on the 23rd Nov ?

I have a sheet which says interim charging order n86

The application will be heard at 2 pm on 23rd November 2015 at the county court when a judge will decide whether the charge created by this order should continue ( with or without modification) or should be discharged .

It will be finalised on the 23rd Nov.....but if you can come to a payment arrangement in the meantime and evidence this to the court...he may well discharge it.

I do not know your financial circumstances Jason and what you can afford to pay...but if you are struggling I wouldn't borrow to pay it ...but I would arrange an affordable payment plan.

If you have not done anything by the court date it will be rubber stamped...and the charge will stand until you pay it back.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

Contacting the Solicitor is exactly what you should do...preferably by telephone...get an informal agreement to pay and then ask they put it in writing.......this will be good brownie points for the court.

The hearing of November will be nothing to do with payments...its simply to decide to finalise the Interim Charge or discharge.

So no payment plan ? Keep the details for the hearing and tell the court your offer and that the Solicitor rejected it.

Andy