Deregulation Act 2015 its impact?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3227 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Looking for further information how this new bill will impact on several subjects.. It got RA in March this year I believe and became an Act shortly thereafter....

It will have an impact on various threads we advise on so what are your thoughts please?...

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I think this is probably the right forum, MM

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Having started to read in depth with this bill it looks very menacing. I looks like the MIB will be well up on this as well as part of the bill relates to Insurance (motor)

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

I've read up this area for my own purposes but it would take a very long post to explain it all, and, although I've studied and had experience of the law, I am not a lawyer.No doubt articles will appear setting out the changes. The New Law Journal and Estates Gazette are both very good and will probably cover it.It's actually quite complicated because different provisions come in at different times and some are retrospective and some not. (My bible is the LexisNexis database which sets it all out very clearly.)Just three points: Firstly, from 1 Oct a s21 notice will only be valid for 6 months.Secondly there will be penalties if a LL does not supply an Energy Performance Certificate.Thirdly a LL will not be able to serve a s21 notice very early but it depends on whether it is an original or replacement tenancy.

Like I said this is going to have significant effects on many Acts or other, I think the quote was nearly 3,000 changes in total so a lot of new reading will be needed.

Mikeymack2002, statute law is constantly being amended for all sorts of reasons: the need to incorporate EU law, changes to other statutes and judicial decisions. In the case of the latter, governments are always looking to see how a law works out in practice i.e. in the courts. If they don't like its effects or believe that the highest judges have misinterpreted it they make amendments accordingly. There is a constant interaction between the Ministry of Justice and case law. That is what's presently happening as regards landlord and tenant law.The constant stream of amendments is presumably why it is so hard to find up to date statute law. Legislation.gov.uk is meant to be up to date but never is, although it's speedy in posting new law. LexisNexis manages it superbly i.e. as quickly as is humanly possible. I don't know how they do it. But it's a subscription service.The entire Deregulation Act might require many changes to other legislation. But only a part of it refers to L and T. They are specific changes with very little ripple effect in my view. But it all still takes some reading and absorbing.The beauty of LexisNexis is that they write up the sections of a statute complete with amendments in hard brackets. At the end of a section there are notes relating to each sub-section which tell you when the said sub-section came or comes into force. They also give any relevant statutory instruments. They make it all as accessible as it can possibly be.