MCE Claimform - Old MBNA Card 'debt'***Claim Discontinued***

pbaron
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3126 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Yes thats fine and should suffice...edit that in.With regards to LBA only if its from the Claimant or solicitor named on the claim...if not then you deny that that have complied with sections III and IV of the practice direction on Pre-Action Conduct and add that as your point 4....and also at d).

Then your good to go.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Update :

Had acknowledgement through from Optima that once the documents ive requested are sent i will have 14 days more time to defend.

ALSO

MCE have sent through the "Notice of assigment" (Which isnt from the original creditor its been assigned from the previous debt collector who couldnt prove they owned the debt !) and stated they dont have a copy of the agreement in their records and they have requested it.

The expiry date for the CCA request of 12 days is on Monday!

Do i need to do more or wait for a response

They dont set any time limits...you have already submitted your defence I presume?

Andy

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

• 3 weeks later...

Morning all

Ive been getting letters from 1st Credit who are chasing an ex MBNA debt after sending a statute barred letter.

According to my old credit report the date of default means over 6 years has passed

however they have sent me a history of transactions showing i paid £7.30 to connaught collections on the 26/01/2010 :| which was correct

In May 2010 i sent a CCA letter which i had no reply,

then the 2nd CCA letter which i got no reply.

Then they issued court proceedings for a Stat demand of which i successfuly got set aside in June 2010

due to them not being able to prove they own the debt.

(I have a letter from Connaught Collections/1st Credit confirming this)

Can i have some help to my next step please,

am i right in thinking the debt is going to become statute barred then 6 years after the last payment ?

which will be January 2016...

Do i reissue a CCA request along with sending copies of previously sent letters etc

Thanks for your help

pers I'd do nowt

why enter letter tennis?

theres no CCA and its already been set aside once

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

When they issued the stat demand - the time barred clock would have stopped. However, when you got it set aside, then it would have restarted.

So you need to count the time from the last payment made minus the time it took from the stat demand date to have that set aside (what 2-4 weeks?) and then start counting again, so probably around July 2016.

So was the stat demand the last you had heard from them in this respect ? If they are not bothering you, then I would take heed of dx and don't make contact with them at all.

If they make contact with you, then let us know and we can take it from there.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Do I reissue a CCA request along with sending copies of previously sent letters etc

NO, sending multiple CCA requests is pointless, once they have failed to supply the agreement, then you do nothing, you don't tell them

that they have failed, and you most certainly don't send another CCA request off just so they can then find one or magic one up.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

An SD does not stop the SB clock

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

Thanks for the replies

They stopped regularly sending letters after the Stat demand was set aside. They ramped up their letters for the past few months and now they proved a payment was made in 2010 they are hassling to get a payment plan setup.

I will ignore them then and post up if any sinister letters arrive.

Hi

We have now received a letter from optima legal saying they have received our letter asking for documents as above but that their client disagrees with our defence and is looking to proceed and as such has included a copy letter sent to the court

What happens now please

you wait could be silly arm waving.

they've gotta come up with the enforceable signed agreement and the correct T&C's first

else they'll look rather silly in court with no proof:madgrin:

and they

you have already defended the claim.

and they

its not for them to say anytime limit

its for the court

dx

and they

Hi

We have now received a letter from optima legal saying they have received our letter asking for documents as above but that their client disagrees with our defence and is looking to proceed and as such has included a copy letter sent to the court

What happens now please

So if they have informed the court they wish to proceed...you will receive a Directions Questionnaire (N180) to complete and submit by the date stated...this allocates the claim to track.

So you wait.......

Andy

Hello everyone,

I got a letter out of the blue today from first credit concerning a loan i took out back in 2002..In september 2005 i got divorced and things went per shaped and i went to rehab for various reasons.. I havent made a payment to them since 0ct/sept 2006. The letter is addresed in my name but it asks to confirm who lives at the address as it says my name has been supplied as a possible address.so they dont know for sure.

Im just a house husband whose got his life back on track and obviously im very worried. My girlfriend whose house it is also worried . I thoiught this would have been statute barred by now.

can any ons advise me please.

thanks

Hello everyone,

I got a letter out of the blue today from first credit concerning a loan i took out back in 2002..In september 2005 i got divorced and things went per shaped and i went to rehab for various reasons.. I havent made a payment to them since 0ct/sept 2006. The letter is addresed in my name but it asks to confirm who lives at the address as it says my name has been supplied as a possible address.so they dont know for sure.

Im just a house husband whose got his life back on track and obviously im very worried. My girlfriend whose house it is also worried . I thoiught this would have been statute barred by now.

can any ons advise me please.

thanks

you need to start a new thread

of your own

please

dx

and they