Mortgage company are trying to get possession of my home by the court.

Fielder
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

There are still arrears on the mortgage, but they are the charges that have been added.

I am still making a payment each month of £70 on top of the monthly interest charge.

In 2013 I contacted the FOS who got involved. Redstone offered to take £500 off the total of charges, but I never responded to their offer as it is no where near enough.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I have sent the letter asking them to take off the charges, had a response saying they would look into it.

My husband is still working intermitently, but I am worried that fairly soon he will not be able to work at all. If I am unable to make the full payment including extra for the arrears with the spo, mortgage company can repossess easily. It is just another thing for me to worry about at the moment.

Reading back I over the thread it seems the arrears were £1250 in June 2013 and you've been overpaying £70 a month so if you've done that religiously your arrears will be paid off and any extra is just charges.

Can I suggest that you read from the beginning of the thread as it has good advice. Leah's post explains better than me that charges are not arrears. You cannot be evicted for non-payment of charges.

If I have read the situation correctly I suggest you stop the overpayments and make life a bit easier for yourself until you sell.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

I want to work out how much I have been charged and the interest on it.

I saw a spreadsheet tutorial mentioned in a post, but I can't seem to find the tutorial anywhere.

Finding the spreadsheets little bit confusing and feel like I am wasting the advisor's time keep asking.

Would really appreciate it if someone could direct me to the 'Tutorials'

Thanks

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?330996-Latest-Spreadsheets-PPI-Claims-and-Charges-Claims-Dec-2011

Fielder, as far as I am aware, all the spread sheets are in the link above.

If you have all the statements where you have charges, then you can just follow the instructions on the spread sheet you choose from the link above, because all the totting up is done for you.

If you can perhaps point me to the post where you saw mention of the tutorial, perhaps I can track it back !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks citizenB, I will try the link.

The problem I'm having with these charges is that I am not sure if I am being charged compound interest on them. So, which spreadsheet to use???

If I am, is it just the one spreadsheet on do I use a combination? Sorry for being so useless.

Trouble is with the post I saw it on my phone and didn't bookmark it, so that's a mystery. Have tried searching but no luck.

I would use the foscisheet

put every arrears charge in individually on a new row on the date they charged it.

put you mortgage int rate [APR ] in cell D15

claimfrom date

is the date of the first charge

leave claim to date alone!

it will auto-update

don't forget not only arrears penalty charge can be put in

if you've had debt advisor or letter fees [fixed sum] levied

pop those in to.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I have calculated the charges and interest, taken that off the mortgage outstanding figure.

Then calculated the original amount of mortgage by 5.05% (mortgage rate) and divided by twelve, to calculate what I should be paying per month.

I intend to pay this amount per month, plus a little more in case my calculations are wrong.

I will send a letter to mortgage company explaining what I am doing and why.

Is the amount that you have arrived at anything like £70 less than you have been paying since going to court?

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

£1250.

Hi Fielder.

I had misread your thread and thought this was the amount of the arrears. I now see that the arrears were more than this.

Can you please confirm what the court ordered you to pay above your mortgage payment, and for how long.

When calculating the charges that you want to claim back, please bear in mind that you cannot claim back solicitors costs, especially when it's been to court. Unless the court specifically says you don't have to pay them for some reason, they will usually allow them to be charged, although I don't believe that they can charge interest on them.