Help - Accused of fiddling meter, now debt colelctors

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3257 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I used to work within that department and I was forced to leave as I never believed in some of their disconnection and, FALSE allegations were put forward by another employee of that department. I say this I have covered law in my education days, and I did voice my concerns with management. BUT, BG Revenue Protection employ thick and thicker people to be managers.

I can help if people have had or are having problems with British Gas Revenue Protection, more so, if you are a business customer of British Gas and the revenue protection turn up, please let me know.

I was a business customer of British Gas from 31st August 2009 - 31st of August 2014 and sold the business to another party. This new party had a visit from the RPU 3 weeks later and changed the GAS meter as they said it has been tampered with.

9 moths later I get a call from a collection agency saying I owe BG £134,000:-x:-x:-x I was shocked to say the least when I heard this and have been stressed ever since.

I contacted RPU directly and they said that the meter has been tampered with resulting in the meter readings not being accurate( based on my actual meter readings they have had over the years) and since you are the previous tenant and based on the equipment you have been using the amount owed is £134K.

For the record I have not tampered with the meter in anyway what so ever and suspect it has been done in the past from the previous owners.

For the 1st year I did not use hardly use any GAS as I was renovating the building and for that year they say i owe £24K

As it stands RPU have asked me to send them my email address so that they can reply with a serious of questions for me to answer to workout what I have actually used.

I have not done that as seeking advice.

I would appreciate you advice and guidance on this.

Hi there

This thread is YEARS old. You will not get seen here.

Will move your post to a thread of its own

Regards

SS

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Hi there

This thread is YEARS old. You will not get seen here.

Will move your post to a thread of its own

Regards

SS

Thanks. This is all new to me

Did anyone else work in the premises who could verify that the meter was in the same state as when you moved in at leaving? If so i would be inviting them to try their luck with a criminal prosecution. They wont go down that road but might be tempted to try their luck at a civil court, where the threshold of evidence is lower. What I wouldnt be doing is answering any of their calls, emails, etc

Hi, Yea I have contact with my staff and landlord who can veryfiy the state of the meter when I entered the premises and left. The situation im facing now is BG have my address from the business not my home address and the current owners have changed the sign boared etc.So if they did send out letters there is a good chance I wont get them even though I will be going there to check for letters myself.If Ignore this, what I dont whant 6months down the line is bailifs knocking at my home address taking away my property etc.. For over 5 years I have been paying the gas bill via direct debt and gettin meter reading done and then they drop this bombshell on me.