UC JSA Is this correct? Deduction due to earnings (not paid)

Flambe
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3273 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hopefully somebody will be able to help me. Background:: My 18 year old son was recently working for a company who made him sign a contract that the first 80 hours were training & that there were training fees of £400 if he was to leave in the first year or they terminated him. Anyhow, the dismissed him after 2 weeks saying they didn't feel he was right for the job (he had worked just short of 80 hours). His wage should have been £355, but he never received 1p due to the training fee deduction (£400).

He was previously on JSA (under the Universal Credit umbrella), he informed them when he began the job. He signed back on after losing the job. The company he worked for has sent him his P45 which shows the £355 earnings on it, this has now caused some problems::

DWP have just phoned my son to say they have deducted £150 from his UC/JSA due to his unreported earnings of £355 (which he actually never got as they were held back for training fees). He explained the situation to them on the phone, but they are going from his P45. When he signed back on he explained them he wouldn't physically see any wage due to the training fee.

Dates may help: Started the job: 4th May..... Dismissed 18th May.... Signed back on 19th May

He received only £95 today due to the deduction is this correct? or should he in fact not have this deduction made due to not physically receiving a penny. (he is paid UC/JSA monthly)

Hello there.

I think you should start a separate thread in the employment forum about this deduction. They don't advise on benefits over on that one, but the guys here will hopefully answer the benefits part of your query.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Thanks honeybee13 ... my main query is about the JSA (UC) part x

Fair enough, but from reading threads on the employment forum, I think it could be worth challenging the deduction and asking about the discrepancy on the P45.

HB

Illegitimi non carborundum