Lloyds really do need to start treating customers with respect !!

citizenB
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3268 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/saving/article-3136488/When-mum-died-Lloyds-grief-harder-bear-Money-Mail-s-writer-moving-account-big-firms-change-insensitive-way-treat-bereaved-families.html

'When mum died, Lloyds made the grief even harder to bear': Our writer's moving account of why big firms MUST change the insensitive way they treat bereaved families

When Victoria Bischoff's mother Julie died in April, Lloyds were unhelpful

They made her call automated service and sent computer-generated letters

An insensitive customer service adviser asked a series of intrusive questions and didn't know the rules about credit card debts

Other organisations such as the local council were much better

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-3136488/When-mum-died-Lloyds-grief-harder-bear-Money-Mail-s-writer-moving-account-big-firms-change-insensitive-way-treat-bereaved-families.html#ixzz3e0ZOYglx

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Rather insensitive IMHO. Amit... I hope that you one day go through her pain. Then maybe youll take a different stance on dealing with "Sensitive Queries".

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

In stark contrast, I also had to go through the same process with Lloyds. The manager that we dealt with was sympathetic and handled everything quite well. Perhaps it was because it was a small town office or more experienced in handling such matters with dignity.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

What is there about bank customers that deserves respect?

They wait in long queues for service at their local branch

they accept branch closures all over the country

they accept marketing spam in their postal mailboxes regularly

they spend ages on the telephone waiting to speak to the right person and getting a load of flannel about their problems

they get called into their branch for appointments to be sold more products

they get mis-sold products time after time

they get foisted with packaged accounts with all those features that they don't really need

they accept half-hearted decisions from an industry regulator who is frit

they stay with the same bank for years despite all these indignities

if they move their arses to go to another bank, they get exactly the same treatment

they get put into overdrafts on accounts which shouldn't have an overdraft at all

they get lent an umbrella and then when it starts raining they have to give it back

they have their accounts closed down peremptorily

they have their overdrafts withdrawn peremptorily

they have the terms and conditions of their accounts changed at the whim of the bank

they have some insultingly low credit rate applied to their credit balances

if they get refunds of mis-sold products, they don't get the full interest that the bank was making on it while the bank had the money

they are lent money at rates extortionately high especially given the current record low bank rate

they tolerate being offered a gesture of goodwill or other bonbons to shut them up when they start whining

they accept the imposition of extortionate penalties any time they make the slightest little mistake with their accounts

they expressed servile gratitude when their bank decides to pay them back a bit of the money that they have taken

How could anyone respect a customer like that? If a customer can't respect themselves then how can they reasonably ask anyone to do it for them.

The banks treat their customers as a kind of homunculi which exist for the agrandisement of their own profits.

I think the banks have got it about right.

I see your point, BF :lol:

I guess as consumers we have accepted this poor treatment for many years.

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

It's all very true. Banks and recycling centers are the only commercial enterprises that get their stock for nothing. You can't que at the post office any longer to get your pension or benefit, you are 'forced' to open a bank account because that is the only way anyone will pay you now.

We owe the banks nothing, they are not doing us any favours, just sitting back with 'our' money and making a mint while all the time laughing at the likes of the stories on sites like CAG.