Marstons HCEO NOE - for a recent £3k CCJ for my unpaid water bill.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3180 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Thanks Plodderton. I didn't mean judged by you lot :) I've asked for help here on a number of occasions for different things and always been met with friendly, helpful replies.

I'm going to put my offer to Marstons in an e-mail and follow up with a letter in the post, just in case notes from my phone call haven't been recorded accurately.

What would happen with the writ if a variation order was granted? Would Marstons be sent packing and I'd be back to dealing with UU directly? The idea of doing anything with the court gives me chills, which I know is silly.

Both of these are at odds with the wording on the Notice of Enforcement and we hope this (along with many of the other statutory forms) will be amended in the first year review.

I have made enquiries on this and will send you a message. The document does not require being changed. I should be able to update the forum in a day or so.

• 2 months later...

A related question ...... Can marstons charge the £190 plus Vat (£228)fee for delivering a letter or are they only allowed to charge this sum if they have been into your property and carried out the inventory for taking control of goods??

jaxads

Halifax - £2281, successfully refunded all charges after LBA letter & telephone call.

Have been offered the difference between the £20 and £12 charges from Capital One -- am sending LBA for remainder.

GE Money - Received settlement of £441, being total charges requested. No interest though.

CCA'd Bank of Scotland / Blair Oliver Scott to produce CCA Agreements on two Credit Cards - well in default, although still chasing payment!!!

EOS Solutions "ceased action on account" on behalf of a friend.

All in all, quite busy at the moment and enjoying every minute of it
:eek:

A related question ...... Can marstons charge the £190 plus Vat (£228)fee for delivering a letter or are they only allowed to charge this sum if they have been into your property and carried out the inventory for taking control of goods??

You should have had a letter first - Notice of Enforcement - giving you 7 clear days to pay in full or make contact to formulate some sort of payment proposal. If you paid in full then the only fee payable would have been the Compliance Fee. The fee you list above is the 1st Enforcement Stage which comes into effect after the expiry of the 7 clear days or if you have made some sort of payment arrangement as the attending officer is commanded to attend to take control of goods to secure the debt should you fail to keep to your payment proposal.

You mention delivering a letter, are you saying this is all they have done without trying to make contact.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

To clarify, this fee is chargeable upon the first attendance to your address, it is not dependant on whether goods are seized (taken into control) or whether entry is gained.

• dx100uk changed the title to Marstons HCEO NOE - for a recent £3k CCJ for my unpaid water bill.