Car mechanic problems!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 451
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

my post earlier actually shows a witness statement that I have drafted for another poster.

..repeating advice seems to have become a common occurence on this thread Needadvice.

..recall the claim form at the very outset ?

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHER

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group - The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

There is a lot of contradictory advice on the thread too which makes it all very confusing!

What's being claimed? Page 1.

my eelier post actually shows a witness statement that I have drafted for another poster...repeating advice seems to have become a common occurence on this thread Needadvice...recall the claim form at the very outset ?

Andy

Just had a look. Don't see a draft anything?

There is a lot of contradictory advice on the thread too which makes it all very confusing!

What's being claimed? Page 1.

I want to sue for wasted time, costs of repair (done by another mechanic as a result of poor workmanship),

costs of insurance paid for on another car because my car was not driveable and related expenses.

Oh I see, well good luck with that.

something interesting has happened again.

The defendant has yet again provided info required by the courts as late as possible.

He sent his witness statement merely 30 mins before the deadline set by the courts.

He has now done this or something very similar for every single deadline.

In addition, the way he has drafted the docs implies he has knowledge of the process.

Just something I noticed...is there any way of looking up closed cases under this guys name/company name?

Also. In his directions questionnaire,

he said he would bring two witnesses but has not supplied a witness statement for either person.

Does this mean the witnesses are not coming or that they will come but their testimony will not be heard by the courts?

There's absolutely nothing wrong with serving his documents 30 mins before the deadline and nothing at all you can do about it.

If the deadline for exchanging witness statements has passed and he has sent them to you the I can only assume he's no longer goin to have the witnesses attend. If he tries to send you them late you can object to the Court.

As for previous cases, you can try Google or Bailli online etc but other than that you can't simply look up previous Court claims he's started.

Hi. Thanks for the response.

I wasn't trying to imply there is something wrong with what he has done but merely trying to understand why he would be doing this.

Is it an indication that he he been to court before?

He seems to know the process very well.

Is this type of thing done by people who "know the system"?

Is this type of thing done by people who "know the system"?

It's most probably done by people who have received a claim form and have taken the time to learn and understand the correct procedure to follow and to make sure they do it right and comply with CPR and any court directions. Just because his docs look all fancy and properly laid out doesn't mean anything. You can dress a turd in a tuxedo but at the end of the day it's still a turd. As we don't know the substance of any of the docs then only you will know the strengths (or weakness) of your case.

Based on what I have received from him now.

The part of his case that I am not sure about in terms of how I would address it is him wanting to show that I am slandering him on an online forum leading to him losing business.

However, there has been no indication that there is any counter claim from his end for lost business or the like.

What would be the point of him doing this and what would I need to be careful of?

Opinion isn't truth. But if they have been removed then no problem.

The site gets threats every now and then from companies who don't like what is being said about them as they know this is usually the first site to come up in google when something in it is searched for so he will know that it will be read a lot.

I've removed them but he printed the comments off when he saw them at the time.

There were responses to my comments implying that they would not use his services.

That, it appears, is what he is banking on.

But he has not made a counterclaim

so I don't really see the point of him doing this aside from him attempting to tarnish my character perhaps.

It's most probably done by people who have received a claim form and have taken the time to learn and understand the correct procedure to follow and to make sure they do it right and comply with CPR and any court directions. Just because his docs look all fancy and properly laid out doesn't mean anything. You can dress a turd in a tuxedo but at the end of the day it's still a turd. As we don't know the substance of any of the docs then only you will know the strengths (or weakness) of your case.

I now think he did it because he didn't want to give me time to add anything to my witness statement to refute the points made in his.

Makes sense now.

How is that supposed to happen via email?

Ok I've removed them but he printed the comments off when he saw them at the time. There were responses to my comments implying that they would not use his services. That, it appears, is what he is banking on. But he has not made a counterclaim so I don't really see the point of him doing this aside from him attempting to tarnish my character perhaps.

Thoughts ?

Thoughts ?

He could be attempting to muddy the waters and affeouryour credibility, yes.

How is that supposed to happen via email?

Usually be both posting them to each other on the same day.

However, you can agree with the other side to fax or email them.

I doubt it would be anything for the future. If it were you, you would bring it all to the same case rather than be planning a second case, fees and all.

I think you may be overthinking things a bit

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Click Here To Make A Donation

I am not legally trained or qualified, any advice i offer is gleaned from experience and general knowledge, if you are still unsure after receiving advice please seek legal advice.

• 2 weeks later...