Address of alleged parking offence. ** WON AT POPLA **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2883 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My OH has just received a PCN from PE about a stay in a supermarket carpark. This particular supermarket has more than one store in this town. The PCN doesn't actually state which of the stores it is, just Supermarket then town. I only realised this after sending off the GPEOL appeal when I was about to go on the Land Registry site to find out the land owners. Could this make any difference when it goes to POPLA? (Providing it isn't held up whilst the Supreme Court case is heard)

Doesn't really matter what you put as your defence, they'll ignore it, the GPEOL defence will almost certainly

put it on hold for two years until the hearing is heard.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Yes, when going to POPLA make it clear that the parking co hasnt identified the land and that there are x sites that are known as "supermarket" and so the keeper reqires proof of contract for all of the sites and metadata from their operating system that shows geographical location via GPS or similar as the PoFA demands that the site information should be part of the original demand and it wasnt so the demand is faulty.

Cheers for the answers. I know I am being premature with all the defences but I even went on the BPA site to read about the signage. There are whole sections where there are no spaces between the words, even where it says the signs should be legible. Maybe that is why the PPCs signage is so bad!!!!!! Anyway I think I might have a couple of years to get a defence together for the OH.

• 3 weeks later...

Just received a response from PE about the appeal which we sent. We asked to see the contract and GPEOL. They have replied saying they want to see receipts as we stated we were shopping in the store! They have given us 28 days to provide proof. Do we wait for 28 days or write again demanding the POPLA code.

I wouldn't be sending them any receipts, it's not for you to prove your innocence, tell em to jog on.

Have you made a formal complaint to the supermarket you were shopping at, and tell them just

how criminal their chosen tin pot parking clowns are, and that you'll be taking your custom elsewhere because of them?

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

Just received a response from PE about the appeal which we sent. We asked to see the contract and GPEOL. They have replied saying they want to see receipts as we stated we were shopping in the store! They have given us 28 days to provide proof. Do we wait for 28 days or write again demanding the POPLA code.

If the supermarket is Aldi, then sending a copy of the receipt will get the charge cancelled...

If not Aldi then name supermarket please.

It is an Aldi but the OH paid cash and doesn't have the receipt. Thing is that when we appealed we didn't mention shopping in the store but PE have said that we have based our appeal on that. As previously stated there are two Aldi stores in this town and they haven't identified which one the overstay was meant to have been in. I wonder if they might be playing for time until the Beavis case has been heard.

They have 35 days to send you POPLS code from the time you submitted your appeal to them. I wouildnt be wasting any more effort chasing them but should they demand payment later and havent supplied POPLA code in time tell them that they are too late and they should get lost

• 1 year later...

Just received POPLA appeal judgement and it was allowed. We had stated that PE had not identified which of the two ALDI stores in the town the alleged offence had taken place at, as required by PoFA. POPLA agreed with this and allowed the appeal. Since the time of the issuing of the PCN ALDI have opened yet another store in the town but i don't know what the parking arrangements are. Can you now change the status of the post please.

• Haha 1