Ladies & Gents!!! Prepare For Watery Eyes....

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3248 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Ladies and Gents... I present to you the most expensive season ticket on the planet...

I got a bit creative while attempting to book a train. This is the result of that...

We need some serious fixing of the pricing structure of our rail network... This is proof of that...

[ATTACH]57933[/ATTACH]

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

but you would never do that as a daily commute. You would travel up on a Sunday night and return on a Friday, if you were working up in London. It would also be cheaper to fly from Newquay to Gatwick, then get the standard train into central London. Rail fares per mile are some of the most expensive in the world.

One of the Coronation Street actors used to commute from Malaga Spain, as he found it not that much more expensive than a commute from a home in the UK.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Yes I agree, But im still proving a point....

I also agree the flying is cheaper and then train up, my boss does it when he flies to our Cornwall office.

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I used to do Glasgow to/from London (EasyJet) once a week (Monday morning/Friday night) with digs in London. Never spent anywhere near that...

My views are my own and are not representative of any organisation. if you've found my post helpful please click on the star below.

It's a 5.5 hr journey each way, 11hrs, 8hrs at work plus travel time from station to work - probably leaves 3 - 4 hrs for sleep.

Sensible decision to attempt that.

Why not go the whole hog and work in Aberdeen, only 13+ hrs each way, could even meet yourself coming backwards

• Confused 1

If you are really just interested in a bit of trivia involving fares that nobody really buys except MPs etc...

Berwick upon Tweed to London Zones 1-6

Annual 1st Travelcard

£37,916

Most expensive annual season.

Really? The journey along the coast right by the sea (when it's not actually in the sea!) and along the Ex has to be one of the best train journeys there is, IMHO.

It's the amount of time it takes, rather than the scenery. It sometimes takes 3.5 hours to get there, depending on where the train stops.

If you are really just interested in a bit of trivia involving fares that nobody really buys except MPs etc...

Annual 1st Travelcard

£37,916

Pipped it :)

They would probably claim it back anyway! :p

So im paying tax for those B*****s

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

• 2 weeks later...

I rarely see the point in these Train V Plane comparisons as those who make them have no intent of ever choosing the plane option, even if it made sense, which it doesn't IME.

A chap many years ago snorted to me'' that flying by concorde 'was cheaper' than a Chippenham-Paddington 1st class season ticket'', (it wasn't) I pointed out that there wasn't a landing strip anywhere near Chippenham on which concorde could land/take off nor near Paddington so the comparison was not achievable and he shut up.

I wonder where passengers get this silliness from?

Annual 1st Travelcard

£37,916

And what do you get for that amount, staff doing their best to trap you into a fine.

Ladies and Gents... I present to you the most expensive season ticket on the planet...

I got a bit creative while attempting to book a train. This is the result of that...

We need some serious fixing of the pricing structure of our rail network... This is proof of that...

[ATTACH]57933[/ATTACH]

So did you cancel the tickets and buy your own train, if so, what did you spend the rest on ?

there used to be an "all stations" season ticket that allowed you to travel from anywhwere to anywhere. I believe that some pop music impresario who likes trains used to have one back in the 1980's

And owns a few historic trains now???

• 2 weeks later...

This is a journey you could do every day, Westbury - Reading

But it's cheaper to buy a season ticket to Birmingham New Street which allows you to use any train to Bristol Temple Meads in addition. So you can go much further for less. Because a different operator sets the fare flow...

OwaMVrX.png

eopdzOQ.png

This is how I spend most of my life :ranger:

Transport in the UK is a rip off. It is a cost to business, as people travel for business and put it on expenses.

I wonder how many sick days are taken by people who cannot to psy for the commute to work. It is something i have come across, where staff have run short of money before pay day, so could not pay for their train fares. This is partly why some companies offer interest free loans to buy season tickets.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread