Sent to see Occ Health advisor, in my own free time not even on the sick, never had been

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3311 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Data protection will make thm show you data; nothing more. I assume you want action.

I can see where the OP thinks they can use data protection : as the personal data must be "accurate"

https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/principle-4-accuracy/

However, the OP would need the ICO to agree the data was inaccurate, OR seek a court order to have inaccurate information amended.

For either of these : they'd need to show the information was inaccurate, and they'd formally sought to have it corrected (such as by a grievance). This is why I think using Data Protection (without a grievance first!) is the wrong way to go.

1. Send HR a nice clear summary of the differences and what extra hours/ allowances you think you are due

2. Raise a grievance IF no action is taken

3. We covered the need to be in a union, did'nt we? Join for next time. I think you are set for quite a few run ins.

I wouldn't sack you for sweating the small stuff but if you were having a meltdown and swearing at work yes, I would refer you to occ health to see if you were fit to be on the premises. It isn't just about you, it's about the safety of others and their right to a non threatening work environment.

Steady on, Emmzzi, you are letting your "gross assumptions", "spite" and "anger" show!

(In other words : I agree with that plan fully)

Interesting sunday morning read folks..............

For the longer serving members around i would offer this bucket of water

When you argue with someone on the internet!

I stay out of threads when

a) I have no idea how to advise (low knowledge of the issue)

b) The person wants us to play guess what happened (occurs quite often on here unfortunately)

c) The person would not be receptive to my advise because they have already pre determined what they want to hear.

Works for me :)

Anyhow just wanted to say, Emmz, if you work in the public sector (local government) you can be contractually required to attend any medical appointment., a small section hidden in the green book even most HR advisors in the PS are unaware of.

"You have the right to refuse to go.........."

Green book, para :-

4.2 An employee shall, if required by the authority at any time,

submit to a medical examination by a medical practitioner

nominated by the authority, subject to the provisions of the

access to Medical Reports Act 1988 where applicable. Any costs

associated with the examination should be met by the

employing authority. Where it is necessary to obtain a second

medical opinion, it should be provided by an independent

medical referee.

"They have the right to draw their own conclusions about your suitability to remain in employment with or without a report."

Normally this would be the case in employment but in this instance the employee would also be in breach of contract if they refused to attend. ;)

Edited by Atlas01
addendum & speeling
  • Haha 1

I had to represent a union member who had a dispute with his manager about being spoken to inappropriately by boss/possible harassment. I never really got to the bottom of what was said that was inappropriate or what could be done to put matters right or prevent any action that could be construed as harassment and this was communicated to my member and his manager. The next thing I know he is standing naked in the car park shouting incoherently up at his HoD's office. Now that is a meltdown.

He was sent to OH and then further appointments with his own doctor. No disciplinary.