MCOL Strike Out?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3309 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have issued a Small Claim via Money Claims Online. The Defendant is unrepresented but has either phoned or emailed the Court complaining that the Claim is unreasonable. The Claim form has been referred to a district judge. The claim is for a specified sum, but the clerk suggested it might be unsuitable for MCOL and might therefore be struck out with guidance to re-file via CCMCC.

Is this correct and is it a common process? If it is struck out, can it be re-issued or should I make an application asking for it to be reinstated and transferred?

Anyone else run into this?

fuller details needed, background, re yr claim, why wld/do they see it as unsuitable, etc..... :)

If it's struck out it can't be re-issued but what reason has been given for it being struck out?

We need more info to be able to help.

The Consumer Action Group is a free help site.

Should you be offered help that requires payment please report it to site team.

Advice & opinions given by Caro are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

If it's struck out it can't be re-issued but what reason has been given for it being struck out?

It has not been struck out. The clerk has said it may be struck out as unsuitable for MCOL by virtue of not being a simple fixed sum and that if it is there will be an order or guidance letter inviting it be reissued on paper.

Also -

[external link removed]

Edited by dx100uk
external links to sites must be approved by admin - dx

Read post 3

What is the claim for

What was your POC

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

A small claim is generally speaking a simple claim for a money amount.

This is generally speaking a fixed sum but on occasion you can suggest a maximum amount and leave it to the discretion of the court to decide what the level of damages would be subject to the maximum that you have identified on your claim.

This is called a Part 7 claim.

Where you are not claiming just a fixed amount that you are asking for some kind a court order, then you are dealing with a Part 8 claim.

The "parts" referred to parts of the CPR – the civil procedure rules which you can find on the County Court's website.

Generally speaking it is more expensive to bring a part 8 claim and although there can be a default judgement on a part 8, there would still have to be a hearing to decide on the order to be made.

It seems to me that you have made a part eight claim using part seven formalities.