Nurse - struck off. Appeal / advice?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3312 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

From memory being struck off by the NMC has a 28 day appeal limit but this is where you should be checking "Nursing and Midwifery Council"

Her barrister should have advised the appeals limits and right to appeal. However the one issue here i'm focusing on is if she has consistently raised over the bed being faulty then why put someone in it. If after the accident she then removes it i can see why the employer used this as evidence against her.

Unfortunately unless you were stood there when the incident happened and know the exact chain of events from seeing them in person your opinion of her being struck off is irrelevant, only a court/tribunal can decide and they have - not trying to be dismissive here, just realistic, in my experience winning an appeal is always harder than defending the first case.

If her role was to assess the patients needs and she knowingly failed to provide the correct care/equipment or she failed to follow the care plan then she will have been struck off and these decisions are never taken willy nilly.

If they found her to be without remorse "not my fault, i told them the bed was knackered" or evasive/deceptive this certainly will have counted against her. Forget her opinion its the MNC's that matter in the cold light of day.

Sorry to be blunt, your being a good friend but this is her battle and her fight, unless you know this area of employment law and procedural requirements very well you will not be helping her at all.

I'd put money on it that if i read the ruling it would be crystal clear procedurally why she was stuck off and why she had little to no chance of success. I do like to have my words rammed back down my mouth on these occasision but every case i dealt with in this area needed a high level of evidence for the ruling body to even consider striking off, in the majority of cases the employee was easily dismissed but not often escalated to this level. I didn't cover NHS it was the POVA list in my case but their procedures and criteria were very similar.

Most importantly is she still in time to appeal

• Haha 1