Serious problems at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3310 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi guys I have just gone on the sick yesterday because of the company I work for.

Lots of us have been voicing our concerns over asbestos for 2 years,the company have taken no notice what so ever.

Final straw came this year when we had a asbestos report saying ceiling was clear so we started work.

One of the guys said lets just check this again comes back it had never been tested it was asbestos.

So now a big investigation,on my interview they was sounding like I was wanting to make a claim for compo and talking differently with me then the other guys.also asked the others if I was suffering from stress.

All the bosses are defending the company's trying to get it to look like a one off,last Friday they got in one one the company this is befor the investigation is complete,I spoke and as well as others.

Later that day I was called and summons to office my contracts manager filled out a counciling form I had no idea what I signed as I could not read what it said to scared to ask.(I was singled out)

Couple of weeks after the inveragation started I catch them again windows open doors not sealed this has been going on in hundreds of tenants houses.

Back to this week working away one of the guys noticed asbestos rubbish in with ours so work stopped,asbestos guy came in said job has not been done correctly.

Company's now seems to be out to get me I have been bullied a few times since working for them,I have plucked up the courage this week and reported them to the HSE.

Others on the team have had the same thing with the company's asbestos been drilled and not rported.

They have had me to occupational health and she agreed with me about asbestos exposer guess I will have to go back now as it's happened gain.

I really do want them taken to court and punished for what they have been doing I'm I doing it right way

Hi guys I have just gone on the sick yesterday because of the company I work for.

Lots of us have been voicing our concerns over asbestos for 2 years,the company have taken no notice what so ever.

Final straw came this year when we had a asbestos report saying ceiling was clear so we started work.

One of the guys said lets just check this again comes back it had never been tested it was asbestos.

So now a big investigation,on my interview they was sounding like I was wanting to make a claim for compo and talking differently with me then the other guys.also asked the others if I was suffering from stress.

All the bosses are defending the company's trying to get it to look like a one off,last Friday they got in one one the company this is befor the investigation is complete,I spoke and as well as others.

Later that day I was called and summons to office my contracts manager filled out a counciling form I had no idea what I signed as I could not read what it said to scared to ask.(I was singled out)

Couple of weeks after the inveragation started I catch them again windows open doors not sealed this has been going on in hundreds of tenants houses.

Back to this week working away one of the guys noticed asbestos rubbish in with ours so work stopped,asbestos guy came in said job has not been done correctly.

Company's now seems to be out to get me I have been bullied a few times since working for them,I have plucked up the courage this week and reported them to the HSE.

Others on the team have had the same thing with the company's asbestos been drilled and not rported.

They have had me to occupational health and she agreed with me about asbestos exposer guess I will have to go back now as it's happened gain.

I really do want them taken to court and punished for what they have been doing I'm I doing it right way

1) Are you in a union?. If so, involve them.

2) Don't sign anything unless you fully understand what you are signing and agree it. You can always say "I need to understand this fully, and with such a complex document I'd like to take it away and read it fully before signing".

3) in terms of "going to court", you need to seperate out if you are taking action for your personal loss / future loss, or "protecting the public". The latter should be done by e.g. The HSE, so now you have reported your concerns let them do their investigation.

If you think you have (or will) suffer personal loss from their actions : seek professional legal advice (from a solicitor, either via your union, or personally if not in a union).

4) Regarding being "on the sick"

a) how long have you worked there?

b) you are already known to Occupational Health (which is good) : make sure they are aware / involved with this current episode of sickness.

Hiwas tuped across from old company so I have been with them 2010

I don't want compensation from them but I am worried about how much exposer I have had 2 years possibly more.

Booked in to doctors for Tuesday next week wife thinks I'm suffering with stress not sleeping and been sick I came home from work yesterday.

I am in a union but I joined a couple of days after this first started,union rep is a nice guy and helping me with advice.

Just trying to get it to stop line mama her has not been reporting asbestos drilling events to any one no pun intended but it's been brushed under the carpets