style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3336 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

This is very much of a general question - does anybody have any knowledge in this area?

My wife owns a leasehold flat, part of a block completed about 6 years ago.

There is a management company run by the residents, with responsibility for all of the maintenance, etc. that would normally be the landlords responsibility.

The landlord collects ground rent, and also charges annually for a (very expensive) building insurance policy.

Does the management company have the right to negotiate its own buildings insurance cover in place of that provided by the landlord?

On the face of it, they should have this right but I have been advised that there was some change in the law recently that allowed the landlord to impose his own insurance policy on the management company and leaseholders.

Can anyone offer any help?

Bacon

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group