Crs/harlands issues. Dd cancellation

ZEK123
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3265 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I joined Xercise4less in september 2013 and my first direct debit came out on the 5th sept 2013. I signed up online to a 12 month contract and never actually went to the gym, yet still paid for the 12 months before cancelling on the 13th month.

I have recieved a letter dated the 26th march 2015 saying that the CRS are employed by x4l and my membership remains in arrears despite previous letters being sent to me (this is the first letter i recieved)

They then say that they have added their fees of £102.50 and my balance is now £207.47!!!!

I ignored this letter and then recieved another one dated the 16th april 2015 giving me two options.. either legal action or outsource to external agents.

I have spoken to the gym to which they were extreamly unhelpful and rude!! And i have also phone CRS themselves.

I have no idea what to do about it!

Hi Zek and welcome to CAG

Do not speak to the gym or to Harlands / CRS. Stay off the phone and deal with this in writing only. If they call you, tell them to write, then hang up !!

Clearly you were passed the initial 12 month agreement. But, when you cancelled the DD mandate, did you give Harlands or the gym a month's notice.

If not, you may owe one final payment.

But you should not pay any of Harlands/CRS's admin fees.

Be assured that Harlands/CRS have no powers and can do nothing other than annoy you. Court action is highly unlikley if you follow our advice.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

In that case, write to Harlands offering to pay a final month's fee for the notice period.

See here for a letter to adapt for your own case - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?441527-Harlands-CRS-back-down-**SORTED**&p=4695016&viewfull=1#post4695016

Send to Harlands but get a free Certificate of Posting from the PO when you send it.

Keep us posted.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

No Zek, write the letter to Harlands.

Harlands and CRS operate from the same office and are essentially one outfit.

So write to Harlands at CRS's address.

• 2 months later...

Hi slick, sorry for not being in touch! I have recieved another letter from CRS after i sent my letter saying i would pay a further 9.99 using the guide that you gave me. I have had text messages and phone calls inbetween that i have not responded too. They have said how their charges are enforceable and as a gesture of good will have reduced the full amount from £207.47 to £132.47 if paid within 7 days. Please help :(

Hi Zek,

Reply to Harlands (not CRS) :-

Dears sir or madam,

I refer to your letter using CRS letterheading of xxdate and decline your "goodwill" offer.

In my letter of xxdate, I offered to settle the matter reasonably.

You chose to ignore my offer and it is now withdrawn. I consider the matter closed.

If you contact me further as Harlands or as CRS or if you cause any other party to demand payment, I will make formal complaints to Trading Standards and The CMA.

Yours faithfully,

Let us know how they reply.