Barclays Partner Finance / Clyesdale financial services reclaiming charges

bungalbear
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3321 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all

I need advice please

my dad had an agreement with barclays partner finance for nearly 3 years cleared it a week ago

i noticed from random letters he has racked up a few charges such as failed dd and late payment when he was having some difficulties,

my dad has just retired and i am looking to claim some money back for him

looking for advice on how i do this

i would need a statement off them first with all the detailed charges i know that but what letter do i need

any help would be appreciated as my dad has just retired and in ill health at 72

i am doing everything i can to help him as he has worked all his life and never claimed a penny back on anything

thanks in advance :)

sar

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi BB,

Check through YD's papers to see if he has the 3 years' statements. If not, use the SAR from our Library.

As this is a Barclays Group bank loan, you can reclaim every penalty charge in full, plus restitutionary interest at maybe 24.9% or 29.9%.

What interest rate or APR applied to the loan.

You can use the Prelim Claim letter and LBA used for credit card cases but you must amend the wording to reflect this being a bank loan a/c.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

HOW TO UPLOAD DOCUMENTS / IMAGES ON CAG IMMEDIATELY YOU DO NOT NEED 10 POSTS

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG

YOU MUST ensure that you REMOVE all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc

ENSURE: To leave all Monetary Figures and Dates.

DO NOT USE A BIRO, PEN, SEE THRU TAPE OR LABELS TO EDIT THE INFORMATION

1. SCAN YOUR DOCUMENT

- Set your default scan page size to A4 less than 300 DPI (150 will do)

- Scan the required letters/agreements/sheets - as a picture (jpg) file

- Don't forget you can use a mobile phone or a digital camera too!!

- If you have multiple scans/pictures

please put these into WORD and make a multi page document

first ensuring you have removed all Personal Information before converting to PDF.

if you dont have MSOFFICE, use openoffice its free and has a PDF converter.

- IPHONE ONLY: Take a picture and Convert to PDF via an APP

2. HOW TO EDIT (Remove Personal Information)

- Do this using MSPAINT.EXE or any Photo Editing program and ensure to save the document.

PLEASE TRY AND REFRAIN FROM POSTING FILES OF +1Mb in size

a single sheet of a4 should be about 50kb.

3. HOW TO CONVERT YOUR DOCUMENT TO PDF

- If you have OFFICE installed this has an installable PRINT to PDF option so use this and save as PDF.

- If you have PDF as an installed driver use this program and save as PDF.

OR Go to one of the many free online pdf converter websites:

- http://freejpgtopdf.com/

- http://www.convert-jpg-to-pdf.net/

- http://www.freepdfconvert.com/

- http://www.pdfmerge.com/

- http://www.primopdf.com/

PLEASE REMEMBER: It would be better to upload a Multi-page PDF rather than multiple Single PDFs.

4. BEFORE UPLOADING YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- Logically Name your PDF File so Users know what it is. DO NOT NAME YOUR FILE USING BANK NAMES OR CAG IN THE TITLE

- For Example: Default Notice DDicon-MM-YYYY.

IMPORTANT To protect your IDENTITY and ensure you remain ANONYMOUS on CAG please ensure that you do a final check that all Personal Information including Barcodes, Names, Addresses etc. are REMOVED before carrying out the NEXT STEP

5. HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR DOCUMENT ON CAG

- In your Thread/Post open a new msg box here.

- Click 'Go Advanced' below the msg box.

- Click 'Manage Attachments' below that box.

- Click the 'Add Files' button on the top right.

- Click 'Select Files', navigate to your file(s) on your PC.

- Click 'Upload Files'.

- You DON’T have to put a link to the attachment in the msg box just upload it ……… JOB DONE

- You can click on your links to check them too!!

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

• 2 weeks later...

hi

thanks for your advice, had a statment off them today with the charges its less than i thought but every little helps i have attached a copy of what they sent me so any advice on what i do next greatly appreciated :)

thanks very much

i missed the back of one page so added that now and amount is better

statements

hoping i did this right this time, so advice please on what i do next -thank you all in advance for all your help really appreciate it :)

Hi BB,

You need to list all the default charges on a Compound Interest spreadsheet. If you don't know the interest rate APR that applied to the a/c, claim restitutionary interest at 24.9%.

I would include all Unpaid DD/Cheque charges @ £20 and Default Sums @ £22.50. Make sure you don't claim for amounts they subsequently refund - eg 17/7/14 £40 refunded.

Send a Prelim Reclaim Letter to BPF or Barclays London HQ enclosing the spreadsheet showing charges and interest. The bank may refuse to repay until you make a court claim.

Post the spready here for checking first if you want.

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

pop every

unpaid DD fee

unpaid dd/cheque charge

default sum

unpaid DDR charge cr

arrs letter chrg

into this spreadsheet

each on its own row [date/description / charge cols]

put 24.9 in cell d 15

CISheet v101.xls

and they

Letter from our Library.

Adapt it to suit your claim - ie to reflect that this is not a Credit Card claim, but a claim for penalty charges on a bank loan.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?405889-Reclaiming-Credit-Card-Charges-Preliminary-Letter-Before-Action

This is a Self Help forum so you need to research other cases for examples. Ultimately it'll be you negotiating a settlement or attending court (unlikely) so you need to understand what you're doing.

There are plenty of *WON* BC cases here which give good guidance - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?97-Barclays-BCard-and-Woolwich-successes

Edited by slick132

attac

unbelievable

received this letter today

saying they had made a mistake and

sent a cheque for exactly what they charged with interest only

asked for a statement..

.then got this .

.wonder if they knew i was going to challenge it for my dad.

..hmmm intersting however my dad well pleased..

.thanks for your help :)

Hi BB,

Your doc't posted above is too small to see. It needs to be loaded as a PDF doc't.

Or you can just say approx what they've refunded for the charges, and for interest on top.

They've probably done this to avoid paying compound interest in restitution.

Our forum is open for all to read including banks, DCA's, etc so it could be that they knew what you were planning.

If you're happy with the refund, that's a great result for you and YD.