Rossendales Collect the 'Professional' Debt Collectors - letter for old PCN.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3325 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi everyone.

I first joined this website back in late 2011 when l received a PCN from Vehicle Control Services LTD for extented stay in a retail park.

Back then l ignored all the threatening letters etc, and never made contact with the company. All threats etc stopped.

Today l received a letter from Rossendales Collect, Professional Debt Collectors,

saying that my PCN debt has been passed onto them by vehicle control services as l have ignored previous requests for payment.

The outstanding amount is for £100. Only reference to the PCN is a reference number.

I received 2 PCN's in 2011, which l ignored and don't know if this reference number is for either one of the original Charges

or for something new that l don't know about.

All original letters etc from 2011 have since been thrown away so l am unsure what this charge relates to.

Question is,

do l ignore this letter too,

or make contact with Rossendales and question the charge.

If l do the latter, will this open a can of worms, as Rossendales have their own baliffs etc. ?

Any help/advice much appreciated.

Hi havinastella,

That was my initial thought, but read that charges can still be claimed up to 6 years after the PCN. Just that Rossendales seem to be a big company etc and not some PCN company's "of shoot" partner .

They cant do anything to you. Ignore them. They would have already done so otherwise. Rossendales collect is just a silly DCA. They have less power than your milkman

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

there is no such thing as a PROFESSIONAL debt collector

where the hell did that stupid word come from!!

ignore them totally

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

there is no such thing as a PROFESSIONAL debt collector

where the hell did that stupid word come from!!

ignore them totally

dx

Nearly chocked on me Coffee when I read That statement!!! not good in the early morning reading a statement like that! = Professional Debt Collector!

:lol::shock::?:

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

Rozzers do like to inflate their own ego don't they!

Clowns should be in a circus! :juggle:

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

No keeper liability and no proof of debt. They are hoping that there are enough people in this universe that are gullible enough to send them monet just beacuse they say they are "professional" debt collectors. I wonder what exam they have just taken to upgrade them from a bunch of amateurs.

A simple letter saying that there is no keeper liability and to refer the matter back to the principal. They then can be reported for their activity if they continue to send you demands (probably wont as I bet this is just VCS trying to gather a few quid before they get dropped on).

Thanks for your replys guys.

Gonna ignore the letter and see what happens. Besides which, since the "offence" took place in 2011, l believe the driver at the time has departed this world and is resting in pastures new. :-(

Keep you updated of any further letters. :-)

PS. Donation made. :-)

In exactly the same boat. Original 'offence' was back in 2011 - looks like Rossendales have bought the old so-called 'debt' and are trying it on - I shall be ignoring all correspondence like I did originally.

Hi everyone.

I first joined this website back in late 2011 when l received a PCN from Vehicle Control Services LTD for extented stay in a retail park.

Wasn't Centertainment by any chance was it? That's where we got our 'fine' from Vehicle Control Services - or Meadowhell?

Rozzers havent bought any debt otherwise there would be a letter of assignment sent out and then they would be in trouble with the FCA as soon as someone cried foul. No, they get paid to look big and scary without any authority behind their actions.