Do I Resend the letter

Guy
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I guess this depends on how much you need the money, how strongly you feel about bank charges being unlawful and how confident you are that you will win in court.

Regardless of the continous successes of people here, if you are not 100% confident this may show in court and affect the way you argue your case. Also, if you need the money that much and can't afford to lose in court, and your main aim is the money rather than proving your point you would be justified in taking the money.

It's a choice no-one else can make for you - Bookworm's case was a bit different in that it is less money and they offered a full refund straight off. I'm not trying to remove anyone's belief that the charges are legally unlawful here as I envisage some grief from other people here for saying this! It's just that as you have asked the question of whether to take the offer I preusme you are seriously considering it.

Everyone here is fully behind you and I'm sure they will offer you all the help they can so if it does go to court you have a very good chance of winning if you do decide to go for it. Goo dluck whatever you decide to do.

If you found this post useful please click on the scales above.

Egg - £400 - Prelim sent. On hold.

Mint - On the list Est £800

GE Capital - On the list (3 accounts!) Est £4000

MBNA - £545 Prelim sent 13/11/2006

LBA sent 1/12/2006

£350 partial payment received 18/12/2006.

Full settlement received 20/1/07

NatWest - Est £4000 not incl interest

Data Protection Act Sent 10/1/07

Statements received 24/1/07

Prelim sent 3/2/07

Full Settlement received 22/2/07

The contents of this post are the sole opinions of The Cornflake and not necessarily the opinions of any other members of this group. They do not constitute sound legal or financial advice and if in doubt you are advised to seek advice from a qualified professional

OK -

Firstly have sent an initial response to their part 18 request ie, dont need to.

Secondly have responded to their offer. They state that their fees are transparent so i have offered to drop my claim COMPLETELY, IF they can produce a detailed breakdown of their charges showing that they are NOT punative in any means especially in the case of refusing to pay a DD.

I have also stated that this is an open letter and will be shown to the judge in court as it is even more reasonable than their own offer.

So either way i will either get my full refund or a detailed breakdown of the charges and how it costs the bank £38 to refuse to pay a DD:razz:

Bank Claim Result

NatWest £2051 UnGagged myself. They paid up in full:D

Barclays £641.81 Settled in full.:D

MBNA AOL £390 account credited

MBNA Card £880 account credited

MBNA Loan £115 LBA 03/07

Copy of letter

May 2, 2006

Claim XXXXXXX

Kay Standidge

Group Litigation

RBS

1 Princes Street

London

EC2R 8PB

Dear Kay Standidge,

Thank you for your letter dated 27th April regarding your thoughts on my claim and your offer of £1000.

I must, however, refuse your offer as I strongly believe that my claim will be successful in court especially in light of the recent OFT statement regarding default charges in relation to credit cards and OTHER financial institutions.

Regarding you’re, ‘transparency of the information we give to our customers’, I have yet to be shown a detailed breakdown of how the charges are arrived at. For example how does it cost the bank £35 to NOT PAY a direct debit. The system is automated, any letter sent out is printed from a template and mailed by machine at a cost of ?? 50 pence if I’m generous. The remaining £34.50 must therefore be a punitive charge.

If you are able to show me a detailed breakdown of these charges for both unpaid direct debits AND paid referrals showing how these costs are arrived at PROVING that there is NO PUNITIVE element then I will withdraw my claim. Otherwise my claim continues until / unless you send me payment in full. Please note that I have now returned my court allocation questionnaire with a further fee of £100.

I cannot agree to not disclose any of this to third parties regarding this claim.

This is an open offer. In the event that you decline I will draw this letter to the court’s attention.

Sincerely,

XXXXXXXXX

Lets see what happens next

Merged threads, please keep to the same one.

Bank Claim Result

MBNA Loan £115 LBA 03/07

• 2 weeks later...

Mods can you change the title of this thread to ' Natwest I love you really!'

Had a letter today offering full settlement - no liability implied and only if i keep private and confidential.

Oh what to do??:confused:

Bank Claim Result

MBNA Loan £115 LBA 03/07

Bribing you to keep quiet with your own money - wow, the audacity is astounding.

I think I know what my answer would be!

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

Have decided.

By accepting the money now i will be agreeing to thier terms. Even though the possibility of them 'snatching' back the money is remote i do NEED this money now.

Please see all of the thread and draw your own conclusions.

Consider me gagged:)

See me again under MBNA:lol: :lol: :lol:

Thanks all on this case.

Bank Claim Result

MBNA Loan £115 LBA 03/07

Recieved an off of just about half my claim this morning from Kay Standidge.

She believes that my challenge to the charges would fail in court and that they are reasonable and transparent.

As agesture of goodwill they will offer a payment in fuill and final settlement if i agree not to disclose to any third party details of the payment and if i write and withdraw the claim.

She goes on to say tht this is an open offer and that should i decline, will draw it to the courts attention as she beleives it is a fair offer.

Decisions Decisions. Stick or Twist??

Don't be gagged!! Having seen what Spiceskull went through, he received a similar letter, amended it to say he'd accept the offer but not the conditions, and received over £4,000. You will get it in my opinion.

[

• 12 years later...

This topic was closed on 03/05/19.

If you have a problem which is similar to the issues raised in this topic, then please start a new thread and you will get help and support their.

If you would like to post up some information which is relevant to this particular topic then please flag the issue up to the site team and the thread will be reopened.

- Consumer Action Group

Bank Claim Result

MBNA Loan £115 LBA 03/07

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6603 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks