bank holidays

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3330 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi i work installing cable tv , a month ago my company told all the staff that easter friday was a working day. This is fair enough because that is the right of my employer . We have about 12-14 crews in this site ,the evening before easter friday all the crews apart from 4 were told not enough work take the day off , the other 4 crews (including me ) still had to work. No explanation given or contact from my employers at all . Understandably the 4 crews who worked feel very hard done by and singled out can this be fair!!!! . Also i tried to book easter friday and Saturday off and was denied surely i should be first to offered the day off .Any thoughts

Thanx

Hi,

Have you checked and fully read your employment contract to see if any such stipulations exist?

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

You were picked because obviously you 4 are the best workers. I think that's a compliment.

It should, however, be set out in your contract if the given day off will it be paid and if worked the rate of pay.

Keep in mind though that if employees are given the time off over a period, then it becomes part of their contract to have that day off even if not written in it.

I agree with Conniff - if it has been customary not to work a BH for 18 years then (although there are no statutory rights over working Bank Holidays) you should have been asked/drawn lots etc over who would work and who would not.

That said, so long as only those who worked are entitled to the day off in lieu, then that seems fair - painful if you particularly wanted the time off, but at least you get an extra day off elsewhere, although once again it would have been nice for the employer to allow you to take it off at a time convenient to you, rather than them, but ultimately nothing unlawful in what they are doing.

Any advice given is done so on the assumption that recipients will also take professional advice where appropriate.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

DONATE HERE

If I have been helpful in any way - please feel free to click on the STAR to the left!