Tesco Bank Car Insurance - Should I Be Worried?

Milly Weeble
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3354 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Everyone,

I took out a car insurance policy with Tesco Bank Car Insurance on 16.03.2015 and emailed my proof of NCB on 19.03.2015. I was told by them that I should receive an 'auto-response' email, which I did. It was stressed to me however that I should receive a confirmation email that the NCB had been accepted and applied to the policy, which I haven't.

I therefore rang them today to ask them for this confirmation and they said that all calls were recorded and could confirm that they had indeed received and applied the NCB. They said that because I hadn't supplied a mobile number they couldn't send the confirmation of NCB, as they usually do this by email and text message (even though they have my email address).

After hearing horror stories about Tesco Bank Car Insurance I was immediately concerned as something didn't feel quite right. I stated that I would still prefer something in writing, and they said (begrudgingly) that they'll get "someone from the back office" to put it in writing and I should receive something within 10 working days.

I also rang them because their policy states that the main driver (me) and the named driver had held a licence for 10 years, when in fact I've held a licence for 17 years, and the named driver 25 years. They said that because I applied online it defaults to a 10 years maximum. Could this be classed as incorrect information should a claim be made?

After hearing that people have had their insurance cancelled without their knowledge, the question is, should I be worried about any of this?

Best wishes,

Milly

I don't think you have anything to worry about. All sounds perfectly normal.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread