Scott and Co Arresting wages

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3352 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I made an agreement with Scott and Co for Council Tax arrears and it started in Dec 2014. I paid each month, but they lost the payments in their system somewhere the only payment that reached my account with them was Feb's. The others are in their "big" system somewhere.

Because of missed payments they say I broke the arrangement and they are arresting the wages now. They sent a letter (never received) and phoned. Now they may have phoned but they say they are not allowed due to Data Protection to say who they are, so just just say an urgent matter.

Have just checked the schedule and the amount they want to take is 5 times more than we had arranged, we had just started to get ourselves sorted out with repayment plans and clearing debt but money is still very tight, this now means other debts wont be paid.

I spoke to 2 people from Scott and Co, first one was useless and I hung up on her, second one was helpful and explained things but the dept that deals with that says nothing can be done, arrestment stands.

Can they do this, I didn't break the agreement, the money left my account and their system shows this a they got a payment in Feb.

Hi,

What have they said about the 'missing' payments ?

Any advice I give is honest and in good faith.:)

If in doubt, you should seek the opinion of a Qualified Professional.

If you can, please donate to this site.

Help keep it up and active, helping people like you.

If you no longer require help, please do what you can to help others

RIP: Rooster-UK - MARTIN3030 - cerberusalert

I even told them I could send them a copy of my bank statement to prove I had paid it.

That's what I was thinking, If you can prove you made the payments I can't see how they can go ahead with the 'arrestement' another thing is when you 'miss' an arranged payment they go for another 'charge for payment' and hit you with another charge of about £98 which is out of order.

You can make a complaint to The Society of Messengers-at-Arms and Sheriff Officers.....

http://www.smaso.org/images/COMPLAINTS_2012.pdf

Just realised that they have added on £247.55 to this account for the arrestment?????

If you can prove you made the payments this will be refunded.

Would complaining stop the arrestment?

Scott and Co just wont listen, tried calling them again and was told doesn't matter, we sent out a letter and left a message on your answer machine. As for the missed payments, not our problem.

Do I write to them and put it all down in writing?

Just spoke to partner, oops, not heard so many German swear words in one sentence ever.

Just had a call from Holly Hartley stating that important call on behalf of client, important you call us. No mention of client or who the company is.... data protection?????