Councils may be banned from using bailiffs to collect Parking Ticket arrears

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3359 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

According to the Telegraph councils are having their wings clipped to prevent overzealous collection and issue of PCNs including possible banning of collection by bailiffs.

Sadly it won't prevent Parking Eye, now part of Capita, et.al from ripping people off

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/road-and-rail-transport/11453090/Motorists-will-be-given-10-minute-grace-period-when-parking-tickets-run-out.html

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

According to the Telegraph councils are having their wings clipped to prevent overzealous collection and issue of PCNs including possible banning of collection by bailiffs.

I first wrote about this in late 2013 and a Consultation paper was issued a few months later.

The changes are outlined in the Deregulation Bill but some important sections were thrown out a couple of weeks back when the Bill was passed to the House of Lords. The Bill is now back with the House of Commons and the draft was released yesterday.

I have a copy of the Minister's full press release but it does not state that bailiffs will be banned from collecting PCN's.

Interestingly, the joint press statement does state that changes are planned to bailiff enforcement and it was hoped (not by the enforcement companies of course) that this change would be to ban the use of ANPR vehicles. More will be known over the space of the next week or so.

The following is a thread that I started on this subject last year:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?427193-Government-proposes-to-ban-the-use-of-CCTV-and-ANPR-in-Civil-Parking-Enforcement-!!!

Thanks for the extra background BA, if ANPR is banned that of itself is a result,

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!