BANK GIRO CREDIT DW? What is happening?

Sst
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3381 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I'm led to believe this is the Job Centre / Universal Credit. Why the hell have I received a payment when I have not been claiming since June 2014? I received a letter or two in the early stages telling me I am earning too much, after a few months I received another letter telling me that I am no longer on Universal Credit, so why do they still have my details?

I finished the temporary job on January 2nd 2015. Not contacted the Job Centre once. Relying on my savings and family to get by. I also earn a decent amount per month on Youtube which comes under self employment. I don't need the added stress of The Job Centre :/. Money is being added and taken all the time so I'm genuinely surprised that I even noticed it.

I'm guessing I'm going to need to phone them? I don't want this money, nor do I want to interact with The Job Centre, pfft. Why are they doing this :/. It just complicates matters even further with the tax system. Earnt too much, savings, Youtube income (self employment) and then this...

Any ideas? Is this a tax refund? Job Centre or what lol?

Is it definitely Universal Credit then?

Can they not just take the amount back? Even when I'm not claiming this bunch of idiots find ways to torment me. Once I make the call I'm sure I'll get sanctioned for years, even though I'm not claiming lol. All fun and games. No contact with the Job Centre whatsoever in 8-9 months and now this...

Any ideas what the Universal Credit number is? That information was binned a good 8 months ago. Preferably a free to call number as I'll be using my contract mobile.

Edit

Phoned and the guy on the line was just as confused as I am :|. Waiting for a call back. Said the reason I received some money is because I didn't earn anything between January 23rd and February 23rd but as far as I was aware I was no longer claiming. No one from The Job Centre have contacted me, I have not contacted the Job Centre and just received a random amount in my account. I want nothing to do with The Job Centre so I'd rather them take it back which may be illegal under current circumstances and cancel the supposed active claim that was meant to be closed months ago. No way am I going back to The Job Centre to sign on weekly/fortnightly. I could be back in work within weeks as I've already received a call from the last job about coming back.

Edited by Sst

Just being correct here that is all see this

Meaning of “overpayment

D1004 Subject to D1275, overpayment1 means an amount of UC, JSA or ESA which may be recovered under specified legislation

Or this

"Overpayments caused by the DWP

D1007 The DWP may cause an overpayment by

1. making a mistake when calculating a benefit award or

2. making a mistake when taking action on a reported change of circumstances

which affects an existing benefit award or

3. failing to act promptly on a reported change of circumstances which affects an

existing benefit award. "

As you can see you must report this and arrange for this overpayment to be collected by the DWP or it could come back to haunt you later in you fuyure claims ok!

There is a pdf attached for you to read even though it is a little old you will get the gist of things. If you fail to do so you could be commiting an offence to be safe make that call....

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

Hey pal, I've edited the above. They seem to believe my claim is active. I told the guy on the phone that I received letters about my claim being cancelled. Which he sort of backed up with his information, two conflicting letters at different times.

Seems I need to wait for the callback. He said they will be able to clear everything up. If I was still claiming the payment is rightfully mine, and they believe my claim is still active, Universal Credit nonsense. I have not been in work between the dates of 23rd January - 23rd February and bonus/holiday pay was paid prior to these dates, but then the second problem is Youtube payments. I was paid almost £255 for February from Youtube. To be honest I would sooner them take the money back and close my claim as I have no intention in returning to The Job Centre, it messes everything up.

The letter I received months ago said I will no longer be able to claim Universal Credit... 6 months had easily past. It's all confusing, I don't get what's happening.

Edited by Sst

Its ok it could just be an administrative error if so, you have done the right thing bringing it to the attention of the DWP because the last thing you want is for them to be making more mistakes now or in the future as it will/could get very messy for them/you.

Wait for your call back then come and update your thread ok.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and leave a note to let me know, thank you.

When (if ?) the DWP call back, insist that they put in writing the salient points, especially if they admit to "official error". Keep this letter somewhere safe just in case they decide to attempt recovery actions some twenty years down the line.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

No... you can't eat my brain just yet. I need it a little while longer.

Grew impatient, waited 4 hours and decided to phone them again. Spent 30 minutes on the phone.

Conclusion from his end is that the payment in full should be rightfully mine, will be less with the Youtube payment added for FEB and that my account should have been closed in October, but due to the error, my claim was still live. I asked for him to close my Universal Claim as I did not wish to go back to claiming. Another few billion quid fixing old claims eh Iian Duncan Smith (working for more than 6 months) Unless it was just a ploy to closely watch you, improve figures or force you into dead end Voluntary projects once unemployed.

He said he still has to send the details over to a decision maker regarding the amount paid and the amount I've been paid by Youtube. I was reassured that I wouldn't be sanctioned in the future for not wishing to continue my claim that should have closed months ago. I have a strong feeling that this isn't over yet. Worst case scenario is for them to come up with imaginary payments that I owe, sanction for 3 years for not complying and my tax return to come back as zilch :/. I hope not, but this is the DWP. The money for now at least will stay in my account.

Edited by Sst

Grew impatient, waited 4 hours and decided to phone them again. Spent 30 minutes on the phone.

Conclusion from his end is that the payment in full should be rightfully mine, will be less with the Youtube payment added for FEB and that my account should have been closed in October, but due to the error, my claim was still live. I asked for him to close my Universal Claim as I did not wish to go back to claiming. Another few billion quid fixing old claims eh Iian Duncan Smith (working for more than 6 months) Unless it was just a ploy to closely watch you, improve figures or force you into dead end Voluntary projects once unemployed.

He said he still has to send the details over to a decision maker regarding the amount paid and the amount I've been paid by Youtube. I was reassured that I wouldn't be sanctioned in the future for not wishing to continue my claim that should have closed months ago. I have a strong feeling that this isn't over yet. Worst case scenario is for them to come up with imaginary payments that I owe, sanction for 3 years for not complying and my tax return to come back as zilch :/. I hope not, but this is the DWP. The money for now at least will stay in my account.

Can I suggest that, unless you recorded this call, that you type up a summary of what was said and send it to the person /office you spoke to ?

Something along the lines of..

Dear Sir/Madam/Named Person

Any reference numbers

In respect of a telephone conversation with XYZ on DATE - the following is a summary of my understanding of that conversation. Perhaps if XYZ has a different understanding, you could let me know.. in writing, please..

Then list the points raised and dealt with.

Yours faithfully, etc.

If not recorded, this will end up being a question of you said / he said !

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D