NDR and Very Shop Direct Debt Recovery for item not received

kodiplod
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3383 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Really appreciate anyones help here!!

I ordered an iPad quite a while back now back in 2013 from Very.

It never arrived and I only got an empty box.

I complained to very.co.uk and they would not refund me.

I contacted my bank and they suggested I raised a chargeback and I got my money back.

I kept getting letters from Very stating I owe them the amount and if I do not pay I will be contacted by a debt company.

I contacted my bank and was told not to pay the debt as I had not received the device.

I now have a letter stating I have a default notice because of this amount from Very and NDR debt company.

I contacted very again and the debt company, no one is helping me and my credit is still being affected by this.

Whoever I speak to I keep getting turned away.

I then contacted the head office of Very (Shop Direct) and explained the situation.

They replied saying I didn't reply to letters or emails (I did) and that because of the length of time they will not re investigate

and I still need to pay the debt and that it may effect my credit score.

I emailed and called and tweeted them.

They stated that the item was sent out.

I then contacted the head office and they investigated and concluded that nothing could be done.

I reported it to the FOS 2 weeks ago when i received a default notice letter.

I did not do anything before that as i was advised by my bank to ignore letters and to not pay anything.

What do i do?!

I never got the item so why should I pay the debt?!

My bank even says do not pay it.

Any info would be great!

Do you have the original letter from the bank confirming chargeback?

Ignore NDR... They wont own it so nothing will happen.

Now.... You said head office.... Did you complain to the CEO?

alex.baldock@shopdirect.com

Let it flow to the exec team,. they have a lot more oomph... If they dont budge, you have evidence to the contrary and the FOS will hopefully rule in your favour :)

If they have incorrectly placed the default then you can sue them for placing incorrect information on your CP.

We could do with some help from you.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I think that at the end you will have to bring a breach of contract action against them in the Small Claims court.

It is very straightforward and would settle the matter once and for all.

I would also add a claim for the damage to your credit reputation.

If you can explain how this has affected you we can advise you as to a reasonable figure to sue for/

This may all sound dramatic but it is probably the only way you are going to put an end to bullying form them.

Very's clear course of action here,

if they want to say that the box is not empty is to inform the police that you are defrauding them and to get a crime number.

They have not done this in 2 years.

Start off by sending them an SAR.

Get all relevant info from your bank as well - send them an SAR as well if necessary.

Tell us nore about the credit damage and when you have all the info we will help you proceed

Thank you for your reply!

I don't but I can contact the bank and they said they are happy to send out any letters confirming etc.

I emailed a complaint to the ceo email alex baldock and got a reply from the exec team

and stated that because i never replied to an email and the amount of time that has passed they would not re open the case.

Oh dear... Seems like very are dragging this.

Good info from BF Above

Start off by sending them an SAR. Get all relevant info from your bank as well

- send them an SAR as well if necessary.

Tell us more about the credit damage and when you have all the info we will help you proceed

Dont SAR the bank..

. They can just send the letter to you.

Also you can speak to the complaints team @ your bank who can draft one for you.

Just keep everything safe, could be interesting how this all pans out.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

I think that at the end you will have to bring a breach of contract action against them in the Small Claims court.

It is very straightforward and would settle the matter once and for all. I would also add a claim for the damage to your credit reputation. If you can explain how this has affected you we can advise you as to a reasonable figure to sue for/

This may all sound dramatic but it is probably the only way you are going to put an end to bullying form them.

Very's clear course of action here, if they want to say that the box is not empty is to inform the police that you are defrauding them and to get a crime number. They have not done this in 2 years.

Start off by sending them an SAR. Get all relevant info from your bank as well - send them an SAR as well if necessary.

Tell us nore about the credit damage and when you have all the info we will help you proceed

Fantastic. Thank you. What is a SAR? Is there a template anywhere i can use to send to NDR or Very?

Send them an LBA and then the Good News and they'll soon re-open the case.

Write to NDR and tell them that the alleged debt is in dispute and may shortly be the subject of legal action against their client.

Tell them that you don't want to hear anything more from them and that if you do then they will be in breach of FCA CONC rules

and that you will name them as a co-defendant in the forthcoming action.

Fantastic. Thank you. What is a SAR? Is there a template anywhere i can use to send to NDR or Very?

Data Subject Access Request. Yes in the template section of the forum... HERE

Send them an LBA and then the Good News and they'll soon re-open the case.

Yes... Unless Very want to risk being obstructive... The key here is if they continue to be obstructive, then I would imagine that if it did go to court it would work in your favour

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis

Sorry to say but you have been here since 2011.

These things are plastered all over the forum.

Start doing a bit of reading round so that you know what you are doing.

It isn't difficult - just takes a little time

It's been pointed out to me that my comment above is probably a little harsh.

I apologise for that.

I do need to emphasise though, to anybody who is reading this thread or elsewhere that this is a self-help forum and this means that people have to come on and read around and arm themselves with the information that we provide and in this way they will be much better placed to stand up for themselves instead of being pushed around by companies who simply want to get money regardless of the circumstances.

It's been pointed out to me that my comment above is probably a little harsh.

I apologise for that.

I do need to emphasise though, to anybody who is reading this thread or elsewhere that this is a self-help forum and this means that people have to come on and read around and arm themselves with the information that we provide and in this way they will be much better placed to stand up for themselves instead of being pushed around by companies who simply want to get money regardless of the circumstances.

Amen to that :)

I certainly agree :) - Kodiplod... get that SAR off to Very... lets see what comes back...

**Fko-Filee**

Receptaculum Ignis