Paid CTAX direct to coucil - Equita bailiff want 'fees'

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Mainly because they're all a bunch of completely delusional muppets who just want to try and blag and take take take and never pay their way or contribute to anything. I laughed uproariously when Ahmed got slammed by bury police. I hope he gets banged up when his trial comes up. Blagged it once cos he didn't want to go to court, then started whining like a girl when they put it in writing that his next date would go ahead even with out him. Fact is on there people will grasp at anything, no matter how false and totally delusional if they think they can get away with it. For instance one guy is askin how to get a log book loan and not pay it back and keep his car! That's the exact mentality dealing with with these people.

I defaulted on a repayment plan with a bailiff July 2014, they recently sent me a letter saying that there was an outstanding amount of £163.86 that I needed to pay straight away or a bailiff was coming to my house at the weekend.

I phoned the council and paid them directly and wiped the debt.

When I called the bailiff to tell them that I have paid the balance of in full the lad on the phone said that I have made things worse for myself as I had to pay Equita not the council and that they would not stop the bailiff coming round.

Can he charge me their extortionate rate still even thou I have paid and informed them?

TIA

Sash,

I have not looked back at your previous posts and my reply is only concerning your above post and the rest of the replies on here.

In the first instance, you need to be aware that in April 2014 new bailiff regulations came into effect which significantly changed the WAY in which debts can be enforced and the AMOUNT of fees that can be charged. Most significantly, the new regulations specifically provide that from the any payment made (whether this is to the council or the enforcement agent) that the Compliance Fee of £75 is deducted at source and any further payments are split on a pro rata basis between the debt to the council and bailiff fees. In other words.....paying the council direct will not make bailiff fees go away.

Regular posters on here also respond to queries on other advice sites and we see queries every day where a debtor received correspondence from a firm of bailiffs and immediately went on line to pay the court or local authority (minus bailiff fees) only to discover bailiffs at the door and the debt increasing by a further £235. That said, your particular case is different given that from your post it would seem that some enforcement took place BEFORE the new regulations came into effect on 6th April and it is for this reason that it is difficult to advise you whether the bailiff can return or not as you will need to find out exactly what fees were charged to your account BEFORE 6th April 2014.

You have said that you received correspondence from Equita requesting payment of £163.86 and that you made payment to the council direct. Did you pay the amount stated on the letter?

PS: I would suggest calling Equita in the morning and asking them to confirm the exact amount of fees charged before 6th April and after 6th April. If you could post back that would be helpful.

as in post 4 thanks for confirming that BA

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

the old dodge of paying the council does not work anymore!

If you've had the first letter that's £75 you owe the bailiff. UNLESS the original payment plan existed before april 2014.

dx

Absolutely correct DX and from April 6th last year the following is an example of how the new fee structure works in practice:

Liability Order has been issued for: £525.

Notice of Enforcement sent to the debtor with Compliance fee of £75 added. Amount due increases to: £600

Debtor fails to pay (or set up a repayment agreement with the bailiff company) during the ‘compliance stage’ and the account is referred to the enforcement agent/bailiff for a personal visit to the property. An Enforcement Fee of £235 is added. Amount due increases to: £835

Debtor makes payment to the local authority/magistrates court of £525 (being only the amount of the Liability Order /court fine).

Compliance stage fee of £75 is deducted at source and the balance of £450 is then split on a ‘pro rata’ basis with approximately 70% being allocated towards reducing the debt to the local authority and 30% to the enforcement agent to be allocated towards the bailiff fees.

Note: As you can see from the above example. bailiff enforcement can...and will....continue and this will be to recover the balance of the amount due. Further enforcement will not be to collect bailiff fees.

Absolutely correct DX and from April 6th last year the following is an example of how the new fee structure works in practice:

Liability Order has been issued for: £525.

Notice of Enforcement sent to the debtor with Compliance fee of £75 added. Amount due increases to: £600

Debtor fails to pay (or set up a repayment agreement with the bailiff company) during the ‘compliance stage’ and the account is referred to the enforcement agent/bailiff for a personal visit to the property. An Enforcement Fee of £235 is added. Amount due increases to: £835

Debtor makes payment to the local authority/magistrates court of £525 (being only the amount of the Liability Order /court fine).

Compliance stage fee of £75 is deducted at source and the balance of £450 is then split on a ‘pro rata’ basis with approximately 70% being allocated towards reducing the debt to the local authority and 30% to the enforcement agent to be allocated towards the bailiff fees.

Note: As you can see from the above example. bailiff enforcement can...and will....continue and this will be to recover the balance of the amount due. Further enforcement will not be to collect bailiff fees.

That's not true BA. Around 80% of local authorities have confirmed that they don't pass anything on to the bailiff - they have confirmed they do not pass over the £75 nor split anything pro-rata. They have confirmed that the EA has to collect their fees direct from the debtor.

You should be making debtors aware of this for the sake of balance.

That's not true BA. Around 80% of local authorities have confirmed that they don't pass anything on to the bailiff - they have confirmed they do not pass over the £75 nor split anything pro-rata. They have confirmed that the EA has to collect their fees direct from the debtor.

You should be making debtors aware of this for the sake of balance.

I won't pull the plug on you yet but again this is not a platform to promote your twaddle.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3390 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks