Question around parking on shared driveway on my doorstep

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3378 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi folks, hopefully someone can help.

Bought and moved into a house a couple of months ago, it is an end terrace house.

The front door of the house is on the side and opens into a shared driveway.

The legal set up of this driveway is I believe like this:

I own a 1/3 share of and have right of way across it both on foot

and by car to access a gate to my private driveway at the back left of this shared driveway, and then to the road.

The other 1/3 of the shared driveway is owned by the landlord of a block of around 10 flats accessed via a pedestrian gate towards the back right of the shared driveway,

and the other 1/3 is owned by the owner of a massive warehouse further back and the access to which is through a closed gate

which spans the whole width of the back of this shared driveway but which I have never seen used during the time I've been here.

I don't have a car so I'm not bothered about not being able to access the large gate to my private driveway.

My issue is that various people are parking on the shared driveway

(they do not live at the flats, they are just parking to see somone who works in the shops nearby) ,

and sometimes this means that when I open my front door there is a car less than 2 feet in front of it.

This makes it tricky to go from my front door to the street or back, especially with shopping etc.

I'm aware of certain things in the highway code that say you shouldn't do something like this, but I know this isn't law.

Is there anything I can do to make the problem go away?

If I call the police or council would they be able to do anything / tow the offending car away?

If it has any bearing, at the front of shared driveway where it meets the road is a double yellow line and on the outside of that is a single white line.

Any help appreciated, thanks!

if its private the police has nowt to do with it.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

I think you'll need to contact whoever manages the flats, and of the warehouse and check if they have given permission for anyone to do this. If not, then are they happy for you to put some kind of barrier up to stop it (eg a lock and chain).

If they aren't in agreement, or say they have given permission, I guess it becomes more complicated.