BT termination bill

budscau
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im about to leave BT line rental and broadband service. Im not going to another provider - just having the line disconnected at the end of contract.

My actual yearly contract ends on Feb 28th, having given them the necessary 30-days notice.

I have just received my latest bill it, and it states I need to pay line rental/broadband in advance for the months of March/April/May 2015.

I have spoken with BT's billing dept, and they said I need to pay the full amount of Advanced fees on the bill - and they will then refund me on my final bill, which is due 10 days after termination. This seems utterly topsy-turvy. Why should I pay for line/broadband for March/April/May when I will not even have that service?

Any advice would be appreciated, as I dont want to give BT more monies than they are actually legally entitled to.

Regards,

Leo

it shouldnt be beyond them to send an amended bill but as they are utterly incompetent when it comes to terminated accounts (not the only ones by any means) I would be hanging on for the letter after the final bill rather than paying now. They wont issue that for a fortnight and by them you will both know the actual amount owed.

it shouldnt be beyond them to send an amended bill but as they are utterly incompetent when it comes to terminated accounts (not the only ones by any means) I would be hanging on for the letter after the final bill rather than paying now. They wont issue that for a fortnight and by them you will both know the actual amount owed.

What is the content of the letter after the final bill? Just a demand for payment?