Deposit being with held

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3391 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I had a tenacy agreement with an agency who acted on the behalf of landlord everything fine . I then added my partner to the tenacy as were living together Long story short we seperated back in october and its been a bit of battle anyways I took my name off the tenacy as i need somewhere else to live etc and asked for my deposit back bear in mind this was november and im still having emails saying they cannot contact my Ex and that my deposit that i paid before thier name was added is held against the property . Can they hold my money against a property im not living in and they know this i signed all the forms to have my name removed

As i understand it my ex partner needs to apply for her tenancy and pay her own deposit even though its the same property

Im getting a little desperate now as i want to move away and the deposit money will help me a lot

any advice on what my next step should be

Thanks

need a bit more info. about the contract, start date, end date, has it gone periodic etc.

Only thee LL can agree to somebody being added, removed from a contract.

Was proper notice given and accepted by the LL.

normally you cant remove name from contract as that would limit LL's recourse if anything went wrong?

Was partner's name added as a 'joint T' or just as 'permitted occupier'?

Also, please answer raydetinu's Qs.

Did you serve valid NTQ? & when?

Until your ex accepts a new AST and pays the deposit, or vacates, you won't get your deposit back.

LA appears correct.