• Tweets

• Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3328 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Odd!!!

Royal Mail hasn't yet delivered my LBA.

I sent it on the 17th of Nov and it has not yet been delivered. Attaching the tracking result.

Thankfully for the purposes of action the proof of posting is all you need.

2 days after the timescale in your lba expires (Assuming the original 42 days has expired) Send a complaint to the ico. Include copies of the two letters inc proof of postage

• Confused 1

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

No need for templates.

You can submit via email as well to the ICO

Scan into your computer the original request (With proof of postage attached) and the Letter before action. Also scan in the original delivery report.

Letter to the ICO is as simple as

Dear Sir/Madam

On DATE XXX Barclays received my Subject Access Request (See copy attached and delivery report)

After 42 days Expired I sent to their head office a Letter before action giving them X days to respond. (See copy attached and proof of postage)

Those days have now expired and I have not received any response from Barclays Bank PLC

I would be obliged if you could investigate this breach of the Data Protection Act for me.

Yours Faithfully

MR BLOBBY

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

Ohh thanks a bunch, I found the mailing address at the end of the complaint pages :wink:

There is a bit more to this story.

I have sent an SAR to Barclays in the past (Feb, 2014). I have the Royal Mail proof of sending, plus, Proof of Delivery signed for by Barclays staff member. The address I used then was as follows :

Barclays Bank Plc

Head office Customer Relations

1 Churchill Place

London

E14 5HP

They sent me a Form asking for some detail which I duly filled and sent using a post box. Sadly, I did not scan or store this filled form.

There was complete silence from Barclays since, so I decided to start over and send a fresh SAR as mentioned in the original post here on this thread.

Question : Should I include the following in my letter to the ICO (in addition to the other suggested enclosures as per your reply)?

1. Copy of my February SAR

2. Copy of Royal Mail Proof of Sending

3. Copy of Proof of Delivery (Signed-for by Barclays)

Oh and they did encash the £10 cheque that I had sent with the Feb SAR.

Edited by autumn53
adding a comment

Ok this complicates matters. By all means send a complaint but

Barclays are obviously going to use the excuse that you failed to prove your identity and thus were obligated to withhold info under the data protection act.

Admittedly they could of told you that.

HOWEVER send proof that the cheque was cashed. Getting the iCO invovled should streamline things.

Ok, I will now send the following letter :

Customer Contact

Information Commissioner's Office

Wycliffe House

Water Lane

Wilmslow

SK9 5AF

Date : 28th Nov. 2014

Sub : Barclays Bank PLC not replying to SAR

Dear Sir/Madam,

On the 26th of February 2014 and on 25th of September 2014, Barclays Bank PLC received my Subject Access Requests (See copies attached and delivery reports).

After 42 days expired I sent to their Head Office a Letter Before Action giving them 7 days to respond. (See copy attached and proof of postage).

Those days have now expired and I have not received any response from Barclays Bank PLC.

I would be obliged if you could investigate this breach of the Data Protection Act for me.

Yours Faithfully,

MY NAME

MY ADDRESS

Encl :Copy of First SAR (26th Feb 2014)

Copy of Royal Mail Proof of Posting SAR (27th Feb 2014)

Copy of Royal Mail Proof of Delivery SAR (28th Feb 2014)

Copy of my Bank Statement reflecting Barclays charging £10 statutory fee

Copy of Second SAR (23rd Sep 2014)

Copy of Royal Mail Proof of Posting SAR (23rd Sep 2014)

Copy of Royal Mail Proof of Delivery SAR (25th Sep 2014)

Copy of Letter Before Action (17th Nov 2014)

Copy of Royal Mail Proof of Posting LBA (17th Nov 2014)

Please correct me if I have made any errors in this.

• 1 month later...

Ok couple of letters from ICO to me, first stating they have noted my request second stating that they will be in touch with Barclays. I waited for more from ICO but meanwhile, yesterday a big bunch of papers arrived through recorded delivery to me from Barclays :-)

It had only a lot of statements for the past 10 yrs which I anyway have been duly filing since opening my account in 1996. I already had them all.

No loan agreements or documents relating to any PPI ... the reason why I started the SAR.

Here is roughly what and how I borrowed from Barclayloan. A growing loan as you can see.

09/01/97 4000

01/07/97 3600

01/08/97 5600

19/03/98 10200

25/06/99 15000

03/10/00 13000

How do I know there was a PPI on this? Please look at the attached letter from Barclays that I have kept for years.

Please advise me about my next move.

If you mean whether the PPI is still on - Then the answer is NO because we are not paying for it.

Or if you mean that there never was a PPI and this letter was a default template letter sent to all borrowers who pay off the loan. If so then how to find out if there was a PPI or not? The letter mentions a PPI Policy no.

Hi,

I am sure I was charged a PPI on my Barclays loan that started in 1997, because I have the attached letter from Barclays.

Recently, Barclays replied to my SAR with a bunch of statements but there were no PPI related docs.

Please could someone advise me on my next action?

Hugs

Have they provided other data from around that date (2002)?

If so, then you might need to write back to B/shark and advise that there is data missing and could they please provide it. Tell them that this is not a NEW SAR, but a request for them to comply fully with the one dated XYZ for which you have paid the statutory fee.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Hi,

Thank you for the reply and the link :-)

Have they provided other data from around that date (2002)

I have been saving ALL my account statements for both my Barclays Debit and Credit Cards right from the point I opened my A/c in 1996 till date.

Here is what arrived as Barclays' response to my SAR ...

1. Some 33 pages of 'SERVICE POINT ODP'

2. Another thick bunch of 'Cardholder/Account Details printed on Computer Stationary.

3. Statements From Apr 1998 to Jan 2014 plus some pages of Ledger entries (saving a/c I think)

4. Barclaycard Statements form May 2004 to Feb 2014.

5. One sheet headed LOANS (copy attached)

6. This bunch has misc docs like - Additional card apps, one outstanding payment letter

7. A few pages of 'Barclaycard Migrated Memos'

Most of above docs look like alienspeak to me apart from the familiar statements :-(

Should I anyway proceed to write the letter you provided in the link?

if you already have the statements then surely the ppi is showing?

look at the first statement, should show asa lump sum?

you don't need them to send you anything

you

follow link1 below

the FOS CQ

spreadsheet

copy the statements/ agreement

and post it off

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi,

I have looked at the statement from that time and it shows the borrowed amount coming in and the next month a flat lump sum of monthly direct debit going out from then on. No mention of any Policy or a break-up of this flat lump sum which happened to be £293 over a borrowed amount of £4000.

This is how my loan grew from then on ...

09/01/97 4000

01/07/97 3600

01/08/97 5600

19/03/98 10200

25/06/99 15000

03/10/00 13000

And so did this flat monthly direct debit payment of £293 ... till it became a monthly outgoing of roughly £500 that we never missed.

(Unrelated to this loan - I was paying a monthly ODI to Barclays which I have successfully claimed with interest thanks to the good people here.)

The attached letter in my original post clearly mentions a Policy Number. How can I use this document to make Barclays admit I have been charged a PPI?

you need the LOAN STATEMENTs not bank account statements.

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Oh, I don't have any Loan Statements. I don't think I was ever sent any by Barclays.

What is that document that I attached in post no. 4? It came with the SAR response.

It only reflects upon three mths of that Loan's story.

What do I do?

ask them as CB advised - where are all the loan statements

it appears from your list in post 6 you refinanced numerous times?

dx

and they

ask them as CB advised - where are all the loan statements

I will do this immediately.

it appears from your list in post 6 you refinanced numerous times?

Yes we did till the monster grew enough for us to incorporate it into our mortgage with Santander.

A narrower but deeper ditch.