Hoist/Cohen - Claimform old Cahoot flexi loan from 2001***Claim Discontinued***

billyrayvalentine
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 2991 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Just wanted to double-check something:

On my "notice of allocation to fast track" letter it says that I can inspect the original of a disclosable document. It then says:

"Any such request unless objected must be complied with within 14 days of the request"

What is 14 days (working days? exact days?)

Say they received my request on Sept 1, when is the deadline I should get info back? What if I get nothing or they miss the deadline, what next?

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi

You offered 3% of around £11k in full and final and the claimant says he will accept?

Pay the £330.00 odd pounds in accordance with the terms of your full and final settlement offer and that will be the end of the matter.

What were the terms of your full and final payment offer?

Champollion

Too early to accept F&F, will see if they give up first, or not follow correct procedure.

Hi

You offered 3% of around £11k in full and final and the claimant says he will accept?

Too Early to accept their F&F - will see if they give up/not follow procedure yet.

Pay the £330.00 odd pounds in accordance with the terms of your full and final settlement offer and that will be the end of the matter.

What were the terms of your full and final payment offer?

Champollion

Just wanted to double-check something:

On my "notice of allocation to fast track" letter it says that I can inspect the original of a disclosable document. It then says:

"Any such request unless objected must be complied with within 14 days of the request"

What is 14 days (working days? exact days?)

Say they received my request on Sept 1, when is the deadline I should get info back? What if I get nothing or they miss the deadline, what next?

14 working days Billy...if they do not comply they are in breach of the court directions on disclosure.... you can request they be ordered to provide inspection.

See CPR 31....in particular CPR 31. 10

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part31#31.3

Andy

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

If you want advice on your Topic please PM me a link to your thread

14 working days Billy...if they do not comply they are in breach of the court directions on disclosure.... you can request they be ordered to provide inspection.

See CPR 31....in particular CPR 31. 10

https://www.justice.gov.uk/courts/procedure-rules/civil/rules/part31#31.3

Andy

14days have gone - Nothing received.

What are the next steps? Can this claim get thrown out of court for this reason?

You can inform the court....seek their guidance...ask for sanctions to be imposed

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group The National Consumer Service

I informed the court about non-disclosure - I am awaiting to hear back from them.

The next part of the "allocation to fast track..." schedule says that: "each party must serve and file a list of issues relevant to the search for and disclosure of electronically stored documents, or must confirm that there are no issues, following practice direction 31B"

What do I do for this part? Is it asking me about the documents I said I had available in N265, or should i use it as an opportunity to complain again about their non-disclosure of their N65 docs?

But you have proof it was sent the evidence?

Yes, I have special delivery tracking and the actual signed for signatures.

I faxed the court too, after i found out.

Not sure what to do next? I got the impression my file in on judges desk and awaiting his verdict. Really annoyed, as I feel like i have complied at every stage.

Can anyone help on this: "The next part of the "allocation to fast track..." schedule says that: "each party must serve and file a list of issues relevant to the search for and disclosure of electronically stored documents, or must confirm that there are no issues, following practice direction 31B""

What exactly do i send to the court at this stage? It needs to be in in 2 days.

Nothing...you have complied with directions...n265 ....disclosure ....witness statement?

Excellent Billy...so nothing further to advise and unsure of why you posted #108 above.

• 2 weeks later...

*** Update ***

On Friday was the day when we were meant to exchange witness statements by 4pm. I submitted mine to the court and claimant (special del signed). Received nothing from them, so they have not complied with the judges directions.

Coincidentally, the claimant wants to accept a measly F&F offer, but wants me to sign a consent order. The consent order only mentions that they will discontinue proceedings and each party will bear their own costs. Doesnt mention that they cant sell to a 3rd party or re-litigate later.

Thoughts?

They never do state that Billy...but be careful with F&FS....any Consent should stress that the payment made and accepted concludes settlement of the debt and that any balance will be written off and no further claims or attempts be made to litigate in the future...if their proposals are genuine they shouldn't have a problem agreeing to that inclusion within the Consent.

Andy

They never do state that Billy...but be careful with F&FS....any Consent should stress that the payment made and accepted concludes settlement of the debt and that any balance will be written off and no further claims or attempts be made to litigate in the future...if their proposals are genuine they shouldn't have a problem agreeing to that inclusion within the Consent.

Andy

Thanks Andy.

Do District judges throw many cases out for non-compliance? as this is the 2nd time the claimant has missed a major deadline, and not sent me anything. Furthermore, as i have not received a witness statement, no witnesses can give evidence on their side, so they cant present any evidence.

Am i right in making this conclusion?

Thanks Andy.

Do District judges throw many cases out for non-compliance? as this is the 2nd time the claimant has missed a major deadline, and not sent me anything. Furthermore, as i have not received a witness statement, no witnesses can give evidence on their side, so they cant present any evidence.

Am i right in making this conclusion?

Yes you are....hence their desire to settle by Consent ...before they discontinue their claim.

Further to the consent order request for a full n final from the claimant, is there any consent order template on the site which makes it clear that:

its a full n final

Cant be re-litigated, sold on

Claim discontinued

No award to costs

Just dont want to sign something, which can come back to haunt me

I dont want to take a chance with the judge really as it appears all my protestations for non-compliance appear to have fallen on deaf ears really.

No templates as all consents are unique to the claim in question....you simply make proposals of how you want the consent to be drafted and what to include within in its schedule.

Andy

**update**

I called the court and they said the judge said that either party must make an application & draft order if they wanted to vary proceedings.

In the meantime, my net deadline is in 1 months time,

which is submitting a listing questionnaire (pre-trial checklist), at the same time the claimant must pay a listing fee.

A cursory look at the at the listing questionnaire, means that i kind of need to make new directions by default as the other party hasnt complied.

What should I do about this next stage, and what application should i make?

Regards,

Billy

• 2 weeks later...

The last claim i had against me the DCA withdrew the claim. I pushed for costs with the solicitor and DCA with LIP Rates at £18.00 per hour

We agreed on £125.00 between us without going to court.

That was a sweet moment when i received the cheque from the DCA

I would suggest going that way first but wait for more replies as i am unsure on timescales to submit such an application to the court

The last claim i had against me the DCA withdrew the claim. I pushed for costs with the solicitor and DCA with LIP Rates at £18.00 per hour

We agreed on £125.00 between us without going to court.

That was a sweet moment when i received the cheque from the DCA

I would suggest going that way first but wait for more replies as i am unsure on timescales to submit such an application to the court

What costs were you originally going for?

I think you have 3 months after the discontinuance to lodge a claim