Desperately Need Help

nancies
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 6218 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am getting nowhere with Barclaycard. I requested copies of my charges issuing them with SAR request. I then got a letter back stating I had a total of £120 in charges. They cashed two cheques for £10 each for the statements but have yet to receive them. They then credited me £120 to my account and ignored my request. This has been going on since August and I have still not received my statements. What should I do. I know I need to complain them to the Information Commissioner but I am unable to get a figure of charges as they are ignoring my letters but they keep leaving messages on my answermachine to contact them which I refuse to do as my account is gone over the agreed credit limit because of all the charges and I dont know what else to do? Please help

I know I need to complain them to the Information Commissioner

looks like you're going to have to do this first to get the information you need to make your claim.

Although I have heard of people estimating their claims and saying they were left with no choice but I wouldn't feel happy doing it that way in case I'd under-estimated. Suppose you could try and over-estimate so that they have to prove it was less?

you can take them to court for your estimated charges and if they produce statements then amend claim

-----------------------------------------------

Mortgage Express charges- settled in full after issuing claim

------------------------------------------------

To view the FAQ'S click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/

To view the PRELIM letter click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/516-1-data-protection-act.html

To view the Letter Before Action click here: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/bank-templates-library/92-3-letter-before-action.html

To find Registered Address:

http://www.esd.informationcommissioner.gov.uk/esd/search.asp

If my advise helps click here http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/reputation.php?p=366404

write to barclaycard re there "none compliance" write to DCO saying the same Write to barclaycard state "that this account is in dispute" (or pay minimum ammount) estimate ammount of charges i.e guess and procced with request for payment, LBA, and mcol within the normal time scales If court date arrives and they have not provided statments they will be a little red faced if they have to explaine to judge that this is an unsubstanciated ammount coz we won,t comply with lawful requests and we think we are above the law ..keep copys of any and all coraspondance sent recorded delivery of course..so you can show court that you tried to resolve this before getting to court(they take a very dim view of people who show disreguard for the law)TAKE NOTE BARCLAYCARD are you sure the £120 isn,t all thats owed .they dont seem to have done this with other people i.e refund anything till court date is looming

This is MY oppinion for what it worth

BARCLAYS BANK LBA 23/10/05 £2,626.67:)MCOL ISSUED 11/11/05

LOMBARD DIRECT LBA + Default removal 25/10/06 £290.50 :grin: Received settlement but they won,t remove default

BARCLAYCARD LFB 10/9/06 £320.00 :cool:

AKTIV KAPITAL LBA DEFAULT REMOVAL letter sent 22/9/06 + 23/10/06 and as yet have had no reply (sent letter to all 3 CRA re-there none compliance):confused:

"divant worry aboot what ya owe let them woory that want,s it off ya"

I am getting nowhere with Barclaycard. I requested copies of my charges issuing them with S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) request. When did you send this? I then got a letter back stating I had a total of £120 in charges. They cashed two cheques for £10 each for the statements but have yet to receive them. They then credited me £120 to my account and ignored my request. This has been going on since August and I have still not received my statements. What should I do. I know I need to complain them to the Information Commissioner Get on and do it then, its a simple form online i believe but I am unable to get a figure of charges as they are ignoring my letters but they keep leaving messages on my answer machine to contact them which I refuse to do as my account is gone over the agreed credit limit because of all the charges and I don't know what else to do? Well burying your head in the sand is a sure fire way to mess up your credit rating and finances. Get a grip and deal with it. If its all charges related write to them telling them the account is in dispute.Please help

Sorry if thats a bit abrupt, but don't ignore the problems they wont go away.

You need to deal with it before it causes you more problems.

JMHO

Glenn

Kick the shAbbey Habit

Where were you? Next time please

Abbey 1st claim -Charges repaid, default removed, interest paid (8% apr) costs paid, Abbey peed off; priceless

Abbey 2nd claim, two Accs - claim issued 30-03-07

Barclaycard - Settled cheque received

Egg 2 accounts ID sent 29/07

Co-op Claim issued 30-03-07

GE Capital (Store Cards) ICO says theyve been naughty

MBNA - Settled in Full

GE Capital (1st National) Settled

Lombard Bank - SAR sent 16.02.07

MBNA are not your friends, they will settle but you need to make sure its on your terms -read here

Glenn Vs MBNA

• 6 months later...

Hiya Nancies.

Here is the step by step guide. It tells you what to expect..

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/faqs-please-read-these/31460-example-step-step-instructions.html

Have you decided which to do. Mcol or N1?

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/site-questions-suggestions/71369-getting-mcol-right.html#post614610

If you need any more help, just post and i will give you the info.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Many thanks Sea-sidelady.

Is it best to fill out the MCOL or the NI form.

I am going to ring Barclaycard early this afternoon before I proceed to court proceedings. I also need to mention to them about the fact they sent me somebody elses statements including my own. I will post this afternoon.fingers crossed!!

A lot of people prefer N1 as you hande everything in to your local county court an d they do everything for you.

They Also check over your forms for you.

Mcol is al on line, but they do have a customer service line.

If you are exempt from paying, then you will have to do N1.

That is disgusting, getting some one elses statements.

What about the data protection???

The court did it with me, sent me some one elses claim forms. I just shredded them.

HOW TO...DUMMIES GUIDE TO CAG...Read here

STEP BY STEP GUIDE...Read here

F&Q's... Read here

EVERYTHING YOU NEED THE A~Z GUIDE...Read here

Go to our Cag Toolbar Download page here

Please don't forget this site is run on DONATIONS If this site has helped in any way, then please give a little back. ;-)

Any opinions are without prejudice & without liability. All I know has come from this site. If you are unsure, please seek professional advice. .

Phone Adrian Whalley at Barclaycard. He is head of DPA. Sorted me out.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

NatWest £4940 with contract interest prelim sent 13/11/06

Recieved first bogoff letter 18/11/06

HSBC £320 with contract interest, prelim sent 12/11/06

Natwest Visa £825 with contract interest, prelim sent 15/11/06

Barclaycard S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 7/11/06

MBNA S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 7/11/06

Shell Visa S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 15/11/06

Amex S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) 7/11/06