Unfair NCP Parking Ticket referred to Debt Recovery Plus

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3394 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

I have been pointed to this forum by a friend who was certain someone on here can help.

Back in November, I parked in my usual train station car park, run by NCP. I arrived later than usual, so there was no spaces in my usual spot downstairs. I had to drive to the top floor, where i found plenty of spaces.

I parked up and walked away, paying for my ticket on the 'Ringo' mobile app as I do every morning.

When I returned to my car I was surprised to find that I had received a ticket, as had about 12 other cars around me.

It turned out that the space I parked in was a 'Premier Bay' (not usually what I'd expect to find on the top floor of a multi-story).

When I looked closer, the bays were indeed marked (unclearly) 'Premier Parking', however the words were spaced about 15 foot apart, meaning in front of my car there was just the word 'Parking'.

There was also no visible signage. The only sign displayed was next to the pay and display machine, which I never use due to preferring the mobile app. This was on a lamp post around 20 meters from where I parked, positioned side on so I wouldn't have noticed it even if I looked that way. There were two lamp posts either side of my car, neither of which had a Premier Parking sign displayed.

I appealed to the NCP but it was declined (in hindsight after reading a few posts, this was the wrong thing to do). I then appealed to POPLA, but they said my appeal was received more than 28 days after the ticket was issued, so was declined.

I have now received a letter from 'Debt Recovery Plus' demanding payment or court proceedings may commence. I have genuinely forgotten to purchase a ticket on occasions, and reluctantly paid the fine as I was in breach of the car park conditions, but on this occasion I believe NCP should have done more to make it clear that the spaces were allocated Premier Parking bays.

Can anyone please advise me what would be best in this situation? The amount owed is now £120, which is outrageous considering I paid for a ticket that day.

Any help or advice will be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Neil

I read that too with ever larger gaping mouth. Even putting a ticket on the wrong side of the dash is an 'offence' now.

I would let them take court action (if they dare) where this practice would show them up for the cowboys they really are. There must be adequate signage for you to be able to make a reasoned decision whether to park or not and as you never saw the signs as you were allowed to pay by ringo, I feel there points would fail.

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

All the parking companies are waiting for the outcome of the PE v Beavis appeal, if that goes the way of Parking eye expect a feeding frenzy, if it goes for Beavis then you will see a lot of unemployed people who would struggle getting a job elsewhere as they dont have the necessary customer service skills.

All the parking companies are waiting for the outcome of the PE v Beavis appeal, if that goes the way of Parking eye expect a feeding frenzy, if it goes for Beavis then you will see a lot of unemployed people who would struggle getting a job elsewhere as they dont have the necessary customer service skills.

The car park in question is not a normal PE car park though. They pay £1000 per week to rent it apparently...

In nearly all the car parks they ' manage ', they are only agents...

I appealed on the grounds that the vehicle was not improperly parked as conditions were not properly signed.

The restricted area mentioned towards the bottom of that article is exactly the area I was ticketed, and was definitely not adequately sign posted.

It is extremely unlikely it will and not f it does it would be extremely easy for you to win

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D