Benefit fraud????

Sue69UK
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3410 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, Im new here so not sure if this subject has already been covered.

It is about a friend of mine and it is a bit complicated situation. She is the appointee of her adult disabled daughter.

She has received a letter from JCP tattled: Notification of Local Service Compliance Office Interview.

She has couple of ISA accounts under her name and her daughter's name. The saving is actually the daughter's father who doesn't leave in the UK. She is really scared that the JCP and DWP would not accept it and accuse her of benefit fraud .

Is that the same as interview under caution? Should she go to the interview and explain everything or she needs a solicitor?

If it it a letter saying Compliance Office Interview, then that is an interview to check benefits and entitlements, just need to be honest and open and disclose/clarify what they ask for. i believe that everyone who is in receipt of any benefits do have a compliance interview at some point during their claim.

If the letter was titled, Interview under caution then the benefits office would be looking at possible benefit fraud. of which you would need to seek legal advise and have a solicitor present.

i have an isa account ,it had a few years ago over £6000 limit i got a visit ,it was about the isa ,as the tax office inform the dwp when a NI number flags up as been on benefits . they asked what was in the account it told them the truth ,they already knew the amount anyway , they asked for statements which i provided . 2 weeks later another visit ,to confirm they would take £7 per week benefit .

lady was nice actually and advised me to spend some on a holiday ,so that it would be under the limit . i did and sent in proof ,there still charging me the £7 a week . but on the other hand there leaving me alone .

It would state it was an interview under caution. If the total ISA per name is less than £6,000 there will be nothing to worry about. If the amount if over £6,000 then I believe benefit is reduced by £1 per £250 (or part there of) over £6,000. So savings of £6,500 would reduce benefit by £2 per week. This would be back dated to the point it should have been disclosed. If the savings were not disclosed but have only recently hit the £6,000 plus threshold then the back dating would only go to when it became a problem. There is nothing to worry about with the compliance officer and they only take your details which are then passed onto a decision maker to look at and decide what happens. (if any of this is wrong I am sure I will be corrected)