Barclaycard and Stepchange

Aterlatus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I've had a Barclaycard for a little over a year now but more recently came to the realisation that our household credit was out of control and contacted stepchange. I set up a DMP through them and most of my creditors have played fair, accepting the reasonable offering and I've heard little from them since.

Barclaycard however are noisy little cherubs. The first payment to them (although actually above the minimum payment due to an interest free period) was a day later than the statement date, so I'm consistently 'a month behind'. They're rewarding me with several phone calls a day, most days (although there's sometimes a quiet week somewhere in the month). My phone, my home phone, my work phone, my wife's phone.... not sure where they got all the numbers but it's constant.

CCCS have suggested we leave them be and just wait for them to pass it off to their debt collections for interest and charges to stop, but in the meantime the balance is going in the wrong direction with all the charges they're putting on and the "minimum payment" (as meaningless as that is in a DMP) is now four times the amount they're getting each month (cue another bombardment of telephone calls).

Any suggestions on how I should move forward and get them to realise they won't receive more than their fair share? I should probably add I'm generally poor at dealing with things over the phone.

I would complain to Stepchange that BC are not playing fair and ask that SC approach BC with a view to stopping the phone harassment.

You can also use the phone harassment letter from our Library.

Do not contact BC by phone for any reason and keep contact in writing only.

Keep a log of each and every phone call from BC, in case a formal complaint is needed.

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Late payments and over limit fees on creditcards are reclaimable WITH INTEREST!

if you ever remember getting these at any point since opening the account it may be worth a subject access request

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.