Sky Chasing for Debt

ice198625
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3236 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

Took sky out last year as when i lived at my previous address it was a non virgin area so i could not install my staff rates discounted services as i work for Virgin.

So i ended up taking a contract with sky, 11 months down the line me and my misses decided to get our own place together and was very pleased to see our new property was in a Virgin Media cabled area so i could benefit from the £12.50 a month staff pack.

So had sky installed upstairs in the bedroom and installed my virgin staff services downstairs in the living room, had nothing but hassle trying to get a signal with sky, (bad place to put my dish) so i called them out engineer comes out checks it all ok so he says, i tryed explaining when the bad weather picks up the signal drops and can go off from 1 hour to all day, he said there isnt much he can do apart from book the dish in to be relocated i declined as i said i was cancelling next month anyway so he never bothered.

My sky went off for 4 days straight due to the bad weather so i phoned up saying i want releasing 11 months into my contract as im not paying for a service i cant use, the lady on the phone cancelled with no questions, i then got an email 3 days later saying sorry you have decided to leave sky.

Got a letter few weeks later saying i owe them £22.49 and if i dont pay within 14 days they will refer it back to sky to take court action against me.

Do i have anywhere to stand here ? i know its only £22.49 but dont see why i should have to pay them money for nothing

Hi

I would get it paid ASAP just to protect your credit rating then complain - in writing- about your issues.

You could always contact the boss

jeremy.darroch@bskyb.com

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

• 6 months later...
Will contact him cheers if no joy might just have to pay it and then good riddance to these con merchants

That's the best way to look at it, pay em, vote with your feet and move on.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!