Are brighthouse liable for the repair on my washing machine?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, i need some advice as to whether brighthouse are liable for the repair on my washing machine please? I used brighthouse when i couldn't afford to go and buy a replacement washing machine. About 7 months later our cooker and fridge freezer broke within days of each other so purchased them from there also.

After about 18 months the washing machine broke so brighthouse came to repair it and said it needed taking away and a loan machine would be provided.

To cut a long story short the loan machine was a disaster and flooded my kitchen twice! Then nobody from the store got in touch about my machine so i had to contact them. After this they tried to return my machine 3 times but i refused it each time due to the condition that they tried to return it to me in. The final time they took the cover off and it was covered in dents and scratches so i told brighthouse that i wasn't going to pay until this issue was dealt with.

Bearing in mind that they had had my machine for nearly 12 months!! I received a phone call from the manager who offered a new machine in replacement and i would only have to pay what was left on the old one (which was only a few weeks).

I agreed to this and received the new machine. A few weeks later i finished paying for it and 7 months later the other two items. So my account is finished (thank goodness). The problem now being the washing machine has broken!

As it is less than 12 months old are brighthouse liable to repair it or not? I would appreciate any advice, thanks.

Edited by citizenB

I would think there is some form of guarantee on the washing machine if it is less that 1 year old ?

Did you have any insurance on the other items that broke?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

So did the items break whilst you were still paying for them (including the insurance) or after you finished paying for them ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

After i finished paying which is why i dont know where i stand.

I know usually there's a 12 month warranty on items but don't know where i stand with brighthouse.

As knowing their reputation and also from personal experience they are not very helpful!

It was a new replacement machine 9 or 10 months ago and

i only had to pay remainder of what was left on the original machine.

This is why i dont know whether to get in touch with them or not.

I am no longer a paying customer there as everything has finished being paid.

matters not if you paid the insurance

you are covered for 6yrs under SOGA against brighthouse

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Be aware, they will do anything they can to evade their legal responsibilities. That includes trying to force you to sign up to yet another agreement.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

Good Morning Zoekm,

Sorry to hear of the difficulties with your washing machine.

In order for me to help with your enquiry regarding the repair, I will need some account details from you.

Please could you confirm the full name on the account, the full address and a contact number in an email to customer relations.

In the subject heading of the email, please write 'CAG ref 115369' and send to customer.relations@brighthouse.co.uk.

Many thanks

Jason

Web relations