Cancelled Holiday - Company changed mind for re-booking.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3436 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I booked a holiday last year for myself and my wife, a chalet rental for a week in West Wales. I paid for the holiday in full by credit card back in July 2014, the holiday was for Sept 2014.

Unfortunately I had to cancel the holiday because my elderly mother was not well and had to go into a Care Home. I spoke to the chalet rental organisers, who informed me that they would try to find another party to take over the holiday, and if so I would be reimbursed. In the event that no one else would take over the holiday I could arrange another date for the holiday. No party took on the holiday.

I contacted the company this week to arrange for the holiday to be taken this Spring. The company have now changed their tune and have told me that the cancelled holiday now cannot be re-booked and that I have lost my money. If I had known that this was going to happen I would have contacted my credit card company to see if there is anything that could be done to be compensated.

I am now obviously out of time to inform the credit card company that there is a problem.

Any advice please?:frown:

Charge back on your credit card

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The SabreSheep, All information is offered on good faith and based on mine and others experiences. I am not a qualified legal professional and you should always seek legal advice if you are unsure of your position.

I'm afraid that the lesson as usual is - always record your calls

Thanks for the information, in hindsight I should have recorded the telephone conversation, but in reality how many people do this?

May be clutching at straws, checking the T&C's there is no mention that the holiday is not refundable if cancelled. Surely this should be stated in the T&C's?

Did you have any travel insurance at the time?

Some banks bundle it with their accounts, maybe worth checking.

Apologies for the formatting in my posts, I do put paragraphs in but the forum removes them for some reason :(

May be clutching at straws, checking the T&C's there is no mention that the holiday is not refundable if cancelled. Surely this should be stated in the T&C's?

I think you are clutching at straws! What the t&c say about cancellation is "If we are able to re-let the accommodation a refund of monies paid will be made in full. We recommend that Guests take out cancellation insurance with a provider of their choice." Maybe the wording could be clearer, but even so I think it's reasonable to read that as meaning if they can't re-let there's no refund. And in the wider context it's not an unreasonable policy.